|An exotic ore with many curious properties. Can be smelted into bars.|
Iridium Ore is a type of resource in Stardew Valley. It is obtained from rare Iridium deposits, as well as from some high level Monsters as a rare drop. Iridium Ore can also be found in Geodes such as the Omni Geode and Magma Geode. Additionally, it can rarely be found in treasure chests while fishing. The Statue of Perfection grants 2-8 Iridium Ore per day.
Where to Acquire
- The Oasis: You may buy large amounts of Omni Geodes from Sandy in the Desert, which Clint can then break open for you. Expect 100 Omni Geodes to yield about 10 to 15 Iridium Ore. This process is costly, but it can get you enough Iridium to upgrade all of your tools in a very short time.
- Skull Cavern: The beginning floors of Skull Cavern will yield next to no iridium nodes. You may buy stone from the Carpenter's Shop to craft a staircase. Large amounts of staircases can get you deep into Skull Cavern quickly. Starting around level 70, iridium ore becomes much more common, yielding roughly one node per floor. Once past level 100, multiple nodes can be found per floor. After level 300, there will be as many iridium nodes as there are common stones.
- The ore deposits themselves are extremely rare in at least floor 115-120 of The Mines, however Iridium Ore deposits can be found in the Quarry.
- You can also get it from fallen meteorites.
- The Traveling Cart will occasionally sell it for varying prices (300g , 500g and 1,000g have been seen).
- A fairly reliable source of the ore is through Magma and Omni geodes on lower mine levels. These can be obtained frequently by mining all rocks on the mine levels 115-119. To further enhance geode frequency, choose the Geologist skill at mining level 5 and the Excavator skill at mining level 10. With both skills chosen, you can obtain ~20 geodes from each pass of mining all rocks from level 115 down to 120.
- As of March 9th, 2016 v.1.05 the chance to find Iridium in the Skull Cavern increases significantly every ten levels.
- The purple slimes in the Skull Cavern have a chance to drop both iridium ore and bars. Once unlocked the slimes tend to give more iridium than you will find from mining in the cavern.
Iridium Ore is the best slingshot ammo
|Basic||Clay • Coal • Fiber • Hardwood • Stone • Wood • Battery Pack|
|Ore||Copper Ore • Iron Ore • Gold Ore • Iridium Ore|
|Bars||Copper Bar • Iron Bar • Gold Bar • Iridium Bar • Refined Quartz|