While in its infancy, there are already many mods beginning to pop up for Stardew Valley. Mods can give you lots of money, you can also change the time, spawn items, and even make yourself invincible. The best part is that you can even change your relationships so you can have an instant cutscene.
A brief listing of useful mods:
- Easier Fishing - Helps those who struggle with the difficulty of the fishing minigame.
- NPC Map Locations Mod - Shows NPC locations on the map in real-time.
- Bathroom after 2nd Houseupgrade - Adds a bathroom in your house once you upgraded it to level 2.
- Skip Intro - Skip directly into the main menu when you start the game, bypassing the long splash screen with the logos.
- Simple Crop Label - Adds a tooltip identifying crops and fruit trees.
- Just Another Music Mod - Adds music to ambient tracks, effectively removing much of the silence of the game (still includes actual ambient sounds)
- Lookup Anything - See live info about whatever's under your cursor when you press F1. Basically adds the whole Wiki into the game.
Currently there are only two modification frameworks available:
Both provide access to additional triggers inside the game.
- Can I Mod, an open-source website dedicated to documenting Stardew Valley modding.