This page lists many of the secrets discovered in Stardew Valley.
Clicking on the ConcernedApe logo, during the loading screen, will cause the glasses to disappear and the eyes to open. A duck/splat sound will also be heard.
On the title menu of the game, click the letter "E" in "Stardew" ten (10) times to see an alien open a door behind the letter. It will smile and wave for two seconds before it fades away.
Clicking on any of the leaves, for a total of 10 clicks will cause 3 Junimos to appear in the logo and wave.
Entering ConcernedApe as the favorite thing when creating a character results in some additional text when consuming a Stardrop.
Entering anything containing "Stardew" as the favorite thing when creating a character results in the additional text "You feel an unwavering connection to the valley itself." appearing when consuming a Stardrop, although it appears to be a bit buggy:
A few rare animations can be seen in the background of the Shipping screen at the end of the day depending on certain conditions.
- On the 25th of Winter, Santa Claus can be seen with a few reindeer crossing the top of the screen.
- If it is not the 12th or 28th and it did not rain, there is a 0.001% chance of a UFO crossing the top of the screen.
Numbers over 999,999 will overflow on the blank space and will move up and down in a wave pattern.
The lonely stone is not an area, but it has a location on the Stardew Valley map. Upon clicking the lonely stone on the map, a rock sound effect will play.
The lonely stone also hasn't been mentioned by any villagers/characters nor is there any lore about it hidden in game files or mentioned by ConcernedApe. Note: After clicking on the lonely stone and around the time when the rock sound effect is played, the map screen will close entirely.
Skull Cavern Plaques
The plaques that can occasionally be found on the walls of the Skull Cavern have been found to contain text encoded by a cipher.
The plaques that are found on the rough walled levels have been deciphered to give the following.
The plaques on the walls of the levels inhabited by Mummies has been deciphered to give the following.
day a hero
puts us to
- SUPER CUCUMBER TOWN
- DUCK MAYO SALOON
- STRANGE BUN TOY BOX
Three secret statues can be found using the above information:
- If a Super Cucumber is placed inside the brown box located in the fenced area north of the Blacksmith, the ??HMTGF?? statue will be acquired.
- If Duck Mayonnaise is placed inside the partially-hidden metal box in the back room of the the Stardrop Saloon, the ??Pinky Lemon?? statue will be acquired.
- If a Strange Bun is placed inside the chest in Vincent's room, at 1 Willow Lane, the ??Foroguemon?? statue will be acquired.
After finding and donating all four Dwarf Scrolls to the Museum, the player receives the Dwarvish Translation Guide. If the player proceeds to the Graveyard, one of the previously unreadable tombstones can now be read.
|“||“You translate the dwarvish:|
Stand between the pillars three
With gift as precious as the sky:
A rainbow forged from land, not sea
Then galaxies will heed your cry”
This points the player towards The Desert and the set of three pillars to the Northeast. Stepping into the center of the pillars while holding a Prismatic Shard will cause the shard to be transformed into the Galaxy Sword.
When entering Marnie's shop, there is a 0.01% chance for her to say
|“||“*sigh*... When the door opened I thought it might be Lewis.”|
When entering Robin's shop, there is a chance for her to say
- Slimes can be hatched in odd places using a Slime Incubator, including the town or the railroad. Slimes hatched in the town are known to interact with the townfolk, including greeting them by name and having the townfolk greet them back. Note that this doesn't work in all locations, in some places slimes will be removed overnight.
- Slimes can also be hatched inside the Farmhouse. If you are married, your spouse may react to the slime with various funny dialogue while trying to kill it.
- For each of the locked boxes, or when obtaining the Galaxy Sword, ensure only a single item is being held. If a stack is held, the entire stack will be consumed.
- The title screen easter egg that spawns junimos after 10 leaf clicks was originally found in the source for the 1.1 beta, but may have been present in earlier versions.