|Spawns In:||The Mines & Skull Cavern|
|Floors:||See "Variations" table|
|Base HP:|| 24, 36, 80, 300,|
|Base Damage:||06, 07, 15, 30, 13, 14|
|XP:||03, 07, 15, 22|
|Variations:||Bat, Frost Bat, Lava Bat, Iridium Bat, Bat (dangerous), Frost Bat (dangerous)|
|Drops:||See "Variations" table|
If reached bottom of Mines:Diamond (0.05%) Prismatic Shard (0.05%)
|Bat||The Mines, level 31-39 and the Wilderness Farm||1-2 Bat Wings (94%) Bomb (2%) Dwarf Scroll I (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
|Frost Bat||The Mines, level 41-79||1-2 Bat Wings (95%) Bomb (2%) Dwarf Scroll II (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
|Lava Bat||The Mines, level 81-119, Skull Cavern levels 1-50||1-2 Bat Wings (97%) Bomb (2%) Dwarf Scroll III (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
|Iridium Bat||Skull Cavern level 51+, and on Prehistoric Floors||Battery Pack (5%) Energy Tonic (5%) Iridium Bar (0.8%) 1-4 Iridium Ore (97%) Life Elixir (5%) Mega Bomb (5%) Solar Essence (50%)|
|Bat (dangerous)||The Mines, level 31-39||1-2 Bat Wings (94%) Bomb (2%) Dwarf Scroll I (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
|Frost Bat (dangerous)||The Mines, level 40-79||1-2 Bat Wings (95%) Bomb (2%) Dwarf Scroll II (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
Bats are a flying enemy that will come at the character from any direction. It will fly towards them, sometimes directly and sometimes at an angle to surround and attack from a different position!
Bats have 3 methods of appearing:
- They can be regular enemies on the floor - their wings are folded and they are hanging from the ceiling. Approaching them makes them active, and they will attack the player from this point on.
- They can appear at random. The character will hear a bat screech and one will approach from a random direction from outside the level.
- On some levels a colored fog will appear over the area. Multiple bats will start attacking from various directions.
Since bats may appear from different directions, simultaneously to one another and other monsters, they can get dangerous especially early game. The best weapon against bats is a regular sword swing (not a club or dagger), since its angle is large. Finding the right timing is easy for a single bat, but might be tricker for multiple fliers. One strategy is to move in a contrary direction to the bats so they are all on one side, and swing at them all at once.
- Starting at and below floor 880 in the Skull Cavern on non-Prehistoric floors, Iridium Bats will be colored red and have double health and greatly increased speed.
- A standard Bat variation can drop up to 2 Bat Wings. The specific chances are: 2 Bat Wings, 36% chance; 1 wing, 58%; none, 6%.
- A Frost Bat can drop up to 2 Bat Wings. The specific chances are: 2 Bat Wings, 49% chance; 1 wing, 46%; none, 5%.
- A Lava Bat can drop up to 2 Bat Wings. The specific chances are: 2 Bat Wings, 63% chance; 1 wing, 34%; none, 3%.
- An Iridium Bat can drop up to 4 Iridium Ore. The specific chances are: 4 Iridium Ore, 1% chance; 3 ore, 15%; 2 ore, 46%; 1 ore, 35%; none, 3%.
- See StardewValley.Bats::Bat in the game code.
- 1.0: Introduced.
- 1.3.27: Iridium Bats introduced.
- 1.5: Dangerous Variations introduced. Fixed bug where Iridium Bats were not counted towards the relevant Monster Eradication Goal.