Bats

From Stardew Valley Wiki
(Redirected from Bat)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bats
Bat Anim.gif
Information
Spawns In: The Mines & Skull Cavern
Floors: See "Variations" table
Killable: Yes
Base HP: Bat.png 24, Frost Bat.png 36, Lava Bat.png 80, Iridium Bat.png 300,
Bat Dangerous.png 268, Frost Bat Dangerous.png 277
Base Damage: Bat.png 06, Frost Bat.png 07, Lava Bat.png 15, Iridium Bat.png 30, Bat Dangerous.png 13, Frost Bat Dangerous.png 14
Base Def: 1
Speed: 3
XP: Bat.png Bat Dangerous.png 03, Frost Bat.png Frost Bat Dangerous.png 07, Lava Bat.png 15, Iridium Bat.png 22
Variations: Bat, Frost Bat, Lava Bat, Iridium Bat, Bat (dangerous), Frost Bat (dangerous)
Drops: See "Variations" table

If reached bottom of Mines:

Diamond.png Diamond (0.05%)Prismatic Shard.png Prismatic Shard (0.05%)

Bats are enemies that can be found at different levels inside The Mines and Skull Cavern. 200 Bats (any type) need to be killed for the Monster Eradication Goal at the Adventurer's Guild.

Variations

Image Name Location Drops
Bat.png
Bat The Mines, level 31-39 and the Wilderness Farm Bat Wing.png 1-2 Bat Wings (94%)[1]Bomb.png Bomb (2%)Dwarf Scroll I.png Dwarf Scroll I (0.5%)Dwarf Scroll IV.png Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%)Rare Disc.png Rare Disc (0.1%)
Frost Bat.png
Frost Bat The Mines, level 41-79 Bat Wing.png 1-2 Bat Wings (95%)[2]Bomb.png Bomb (2%)Dwarf Scroll II.png Dwarf Scroll II (0.5%)Dwarf Scroll IV.png Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%)Rare Disc.png Rare Disc (0.1%)
Lava Bat.png Lava Bat The Mines, level 81-119, Skull Cavern levels 1-50 Bat Wing.png 1-2 Bat Wings (97%)[3]Bomb.png Bomb (2%)Dwarf Scroll III.png Dwarf Scroll III (0.5%)Dwarf Scroll IV.png Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%)Rare Disc.png Rare Disc (0.1%)
Iridium Bat.png
Iridium Bat Skull Cavern level 51+, and on Prehistoric Floors Battery Pack.png Battery Pack (5%)Energy Tonic.png Energy Tonic (5%)Iridium Bar.png Iridium Bar (0.8%)Iridium Ore.png 1-4 Iridium Ore (97%)[4]Life Elixir.png Life Elixir (5%)Mega Bomb.png Mega Bomb (5%)Solar Essence.png Solar Essence (50%)

Dangerous Variations

These bats appear in the Mines and Skull Cavern during the Danger in the Deep and Skull Cavern Invasion quests, or while the Shrine of Challenge is toggled to its 'on' position.

Image Name Location Drops
Bat Dangerous.png
Bat (dangerous) The Mines, level 31-39 Bat Wing.png 1-2 Bat Wings (94%)[1]Bomb.png Bomb (2%)Dwarf Scroll I.png Dwarf Scroll I (0.5%)Dwarf Scroll IV.png Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%)Rare Disc.png Rare Disc (0.1%)
Frost Bat Dangerous.png
Frost Bat (dangerous) The Mines, level 40-79 Bat Wing.png 1-2 Bat Wings (95%)[2]Bomb.png Bomb (2%)Dwarf Scroll II.png Dwarf Scroll II (0.5%)Dwarf Scroll IV.png Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%)Rare Disc.png Rare Disc (0.1%)

Attacks

Bats are a flying enemy that will come at the character from any direction. It will fly towards them, sometimes directly and sometimes at an angle to surround and attack from a different position!

Bats have 3 methods of appearing:

  • They can be regular enemies on the floor - their wings are folded and they are hanging from the ceiling. Approaching them makes them active, and they will attack the player from this point on.
  • They can appear at random. The character will hear a bat screech and one will approach from a random direction from outside the level.
  • On some levels a colored fog will appear over the area. Multiple bats will start attacking from various directions.

Strategy

Since bats may appear from different directions, simultaneously to one another and other monsters, they can get dangerous especially early game. The best weapon against bats is a regular sword swing (not a club or dagger), since its angle is large. Finding the right timing is easy for a single bat, but might be tricker for multiple fliers. One strategy is to move in a contrary direction to the bats so they are all on one side, and swing at them all at once.

Trivia

  • Starting at and below floor 880 in the Skull Cavern on non-Prehistoric floors, Iridium Bats will be colored red and have double health and greatly increased speed.[5]
The Red Iridium Bat.png

References

  1. 1.0 1.1 A standard Bat variation can drop up to 2 Bat Wings. The specific chances are: 2 Bat Wings, 36% chance; 1 wing, 58%; none, 6%.
  2. 2.0 2.1 A Frost Bat can drop up to 2 Bat Wings. The specific chances are: 2 Bat Wings, 49% chance; 1 wing, 46%; none, 5%.
  3. A Lava Bat can drop up to 2 Bat Wings. The specific chances are: 2 Bat Wings, 63% chance; 1 wing, 34%; none, 3%.
  4. An Iridium Bat can drop up to 4 Iridium Ore. The specific chances are: 4 Iridium Ore, 1% chance; 3 ore, 15%; 2 ore, 46%; 1 ore, 35%; none, 3%.
  5. See StardewValley.Bats::Bat in the game code.

History

  • 1.0: Introduced.
  • 1.3.27: Iridium Bats introduced.
  • 1.5: Dangerous Variations introduced. Fixed bug where Iridium Bats were not counted towards the relevant Monster Eradication Goal.