|Spawns In:||The Mines & Skull Cavern|
|Levels:||See "Variations" table|
|Base HP:||24, 36, 80, 300|
|Base Damage:||06, 07, 15, 30|
|XP:||03, 07, 15, 22|
|Variations:||Bat, Frost Bat, Lava Bat, Iridium Bat|
|Drops:||See "Variations" table|
If reached bottom of Mines:Diamond (0.05%) Prismatic Shard (0.05%)
Bats are enemies that can be found at different levels inside The Mines and Skull Cavern. You need to kill 200 Bats (Bats, Frost Bats, and/or Lava Bats) for the Monster Eradication Goal at the Adventurer's Guild.
|Bat||The Mines, level 31-39 and the Wilderness Farm||Bat Wing (90%) Bat Wing (40%) Bomb (20%) Dwarf Scroll I (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
|Frost Bat||The Mines, level 40-79||Bat Wing (90%) Bat Wing (55%) Bomb (2%) Dwarf Scroll II (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
|Lava Bat||The Mines, level 80-119, randomly in the Skull Cavern||Bat Wing (90%) Bat Wing (70%) Bomb (20%) Dwarf Scroll III (0.5%) Dwarf Scroll IV (0.1%) Rare Disc (0.1%)|
|Iridium Bat||Skull Cavern level 50+||Battery Pack (5%) Energy Tonic (5%) Iridium Bar (0.8%) Iridium Ore (90%) Iridium Ore (50%) Iridium Ore (25%) Iridium Ore (10%) Life Elixir (5%) Mega Bomb (5%) Solar Essence (50%)|
Bats are a flying enemy that will come at you from any direction. It will fly towards you, sometimes directly and sometimes at an angle to surround and attack from a different position!
Bats have 3 methods of appearing:
- They can be regular enemies on the floor - their wings are folded and they are hanging from the ceiling. Approaching them makes them active, and they will attack the player from this point on.
- They can appear at random. You will hear a bat screech and one will approach from a random direction from outside the level.
- On some levels a colored fog will appear over the area. Multiple bats will start attacking from various directions.
Since bats may appear from different directions, simultaneously to one another and other monsters, they can get dangerous especially early game. The best weapon against bats is a regular sword swing (not a club or dagger), since its angle is large. Finding the right timing is easy for a single bat, but might be tricker for multiple fliers. One strategy is to move in a contrary direction to the bats so they are all on one side, and swing at them all at once.
- Iridium Bats do not count towards the Monster Eradication Goal of killing 200 Bats.
- Somewhere around level 900 in the Skull Cavern, Iridium Bats will be colored red and have greatly increased speed.
|Mines||Bats • Bug • Cave Fly • Duggy • Dust Sprite • Ghost • Grub • Lava Crab • Metal Head • Rock Crab • Shadow Brute • Shadow Shaman • Skeleton • Slimes • Squid Kid • Stone Golem|
|Quarry Mine||Copper Slime • Haunted Skull • Iron Slime|
|Skull Cavern||Armored Bug • Big Slime • Carbon Ghost • Iridium Bat • Iridium Crab • Lava Bat • Mummy • Pepper Rex • Purple Slime • Serpent|
|Bug Lair||Mutant Fly • Mutant Grub|
|The Farm||Wilderness Golem|