ConcernedApe (Eric Barone) is the creator and lead developer of Stardew Valley. He programmed the entire game (except multiplayer networking in 1.3) and created all art, sound effects, and music. He currently resides in Seattle, Washington. See Stardew Valley for more info about the game development.
In early 2019, ConcernedApe hired a small development team to continue updating the game. Version 1.4 of the game was developed by ConcernedApe, Arthur Lee (a.k.a. Mr. Podunkian), and Alex Erlandson (a.k.a. zillix).
- Show Us Your Rig: Stardew Valley's Eric Barone, PCGamer, 05 January 2016
- Stardew Valley: Pushing The Boundaries of Farming RPGs, Cornell Sun, 23 February 2016
- Valley Forged: How One Man Made the Indie Video Game Sensation Stardew Valley, GQ, 20 March 2018
- Stardew Valley's Creator on Self-Publishing, the "Everything" Update, and His Future as a Solo Developer, USgamer, 08 October 2019
- Auburn native develops beloved, bestselling video game (with video), King5 News, 15 April 2020