Luck is a statistic that affects many different aspects of the game, such as the drop rates of geodes and chance of getting treasure from Fishing. There are two kinds of luck: Daily Luck, which is determined by the game, and Luck Buffs gained from eating certain food.
You can check your daily luck by right-clicking on the Television and selecting "Fortune Teller." The Fortune Teller will give an indication of the daily luck stat modifier.
Luck is not affected by viewing the Fortune Teller Television Program (i.e., the luck value is not neutral if the player does not view the program, the luck value remains constant regardless. The Daily Luck value does not change if the day is restarted.)
Daily Luck Effects
Daily luck affects the following:
- Amount of wood dropped from trees
- Chance of getting coal from rocks
- Chance to discover ladders while Mining.
- Quality and number of ores obtained from Panning.
- Chance of getting a second item (in addition to ore) from Panning.
- Geode drop chance.
- (Luck does not increase the chance to receive rare gems and artifacts from geodes.)
- Drop chance of Duck Feather and Rabbit's Foot.
- Chance of getting items from Garbage Cans and the chance the item is not trash.
- Chance your spouse will be jealous after giving a gift to another marriage candidate.
- Chance of treasure appearing while Fishing.
- Results of playing slots at the Casino.
- Amount of lightning during a storm (higher luck = less lightning).
- Chance to double the number of extra crops yielded at harvest, for crops that allow extra harvests (i.e., Coffee Bean, Potato, Tomato, Blueberry, Hot Pepper, Eggplant, Cranberry, and Strawberry).
In addition to Daily Luck, Luck Buffs gained from eating food will temporarily affect the same aspects of the game as Daily Luck, with the exception of the drop chance of Duck Feather and Rabbit's Foot. The following dishes provide a temporary luck buff:
|Image||Name||Description||Ingredients||Energy||Health||Buff(s)||Buff Duration||Recipe Source(s)||Sell Price|
|Fried Eel||Greasy but flavorful.||Eel (1) Oil (1)||75||33||Luck (+1)||7m||
George (Mail - 3+ )
|Lucky Lunch||A special little meal.||Sea Cucumber (1) Tortilla (1) Blue Jazz (1)||100||45||Luck (+3)||11m 11s||
|Pumpkin Soup||A seasonal favorite.||Pumpkin (1) Milk (1)||200||90||Defense (+2) Luck (+2)||7m 41s||
Robin (Mail - 7+ )
|Spicy Eel||It's really spicy! Be careful.||Eel (1) Hot Pepper (1)||115||51||Luck (+1) Speed (+1)||7m||
George (Mail - 7+ )
- There is an unobtainable Special Charm that would increase the chances for maximum daily Luck. It would appear in your Wallet between the Club Card and the Skull Key if it were implemented in the game.
v1.3 Beta Changes
Note: These changes are currently being tested in the v1.3 Beta branch of the game.
The final version of the game may or may not include the changes as described below.
|The Special Charm is obtainable after finding Secret Note #20.
Daily Luck, luck buffs, and the Special Charm all affect the chance to find Treasure Rooms in the Skull Cavern.
|Skills & Stats|
|Skills||Farming • Mining • Foraging • Fishing • Combat|
|Stats||Attack • Crit. Power • Defense • Immunity • Luck • Magnetism • Speed • Weight|