Luck is a statistic that affects many different aspects of the game, such as the drop rates of geodes and chance of getting treasure from Fishing. There are two kinds of luck: Daily Luck, which is determined by the game, and Luck Buffs gained from eating certain food.
You can check your daily luck by right-clicking on the Television and selecting "Fortune Teller." The Fortune Teller will give an indication of the daily luck stat modifier.
Luck is not affected by viewing the Fortune Teller Television Program (i.e., the luck value is not neutral if the player does not view the program, the luck value remains constant regardless.) Daily Luck does not change if the day is restarted.
A 0.01 increase in daily luck generally means a random event is about 1% more likely to happen.
Daily Luck Effects
Daily luck affects the following:
- Amount of wood dropped from trees
- Chance of getting coal from rocks
- Chance to discover ladders while Mining.
- Quality and number of ores obtained from Panning.
- Chance of getting a second item (in addition to ore) from Panning.
- Geode drop chance from rocks.
- (Luck does not increase the chance to receive rare gems and artifacts from geodes.)
- Drop chance of Duck Feather and Rabbit's Foot.
- Chance of getting items from Garbage Cans and the chance the item is not trash.
- Chance your spouse will be jealous after giving a gift to another marriage candidate.
- Chance of treasure appearing while Fishing.
- Results of playing slots at the Casino.
- Amount of lightning during a storm (higher luck = more lightning). 
- Chance to double the number of extra crops yielded at harvest, for crops that allow extra harvests (i.e., Coffee Bean, Potato, Tomato, Blueberry, Hot Pepper, Eggplant, Cranberry, and Strawberry).
- Chance to find treasure rooms in the Skull Cavern.
- Amount of gold and items lost when dying in The Mines or Skull Cavern.
- Chance of finding gem nodes and mystic stones in The Mines or Skull Cavern.
In addition to Daily Luck, Luck Buffs gained from eating food will temporarily affect the same aspects of the game as Daily Luck, with the exception of the drop chance of Duck Feather and Rabbit's Foot. A luck buff of +1 means a random event is roughly 1% more likely to happen. The following foods provide a temporary luck buff:
|Image||Name||Description||Ingredients||Restores||Buff(s)||Buff Duration||Recipe Source(s)||Sell Price|
|Fried Eel||Greasy but flavorful.||Eel (1) Oil (1)|| 75
George (Mail - 3+ )
|Lucky Lunch||A special little meal.||Sea Cucumber (1) Tortilla (1) Blue Jazz (1)|| 100
|Luck (+3)||11m 11s||
|Pumpkin Soup||A seasonal favorite.||Pumpkin (1) Milk (1)|| 200
|Defense (+2) Luck (+2)||7m 41s||
Robin (Mail - 7+ )
|Shrimp Cocktail||A sumptuous appetizer made with freshly-caught shrimp.||Tomato (1) Shrimp (1) Wild Horseradish (1)|| 225
|Fishing (+1) Luck (+1)||10m 2s||
|Spicy Eel||It's really spicy! Be careful.||Eel (1) Hot Pepper (1)|| 115
|Luck (+1) Speed (+1)||7m||
George (Mail - 7+ )
|Magic Rock Candy||A rare and powerful candy infused with the essence of the prismatic shard.||N/A||500225||Mining (+2) Luck (+5) Speed (+1) Defense (+5) Attack (+5)||8m 24s||N/A||5,000g|
- See Utility::performLightningUpdate in the game code.
- 1.3: Officially added Special Charm to game. Treasure rooms added to Skull Cavern, which are affected by luck.
- 1.4: Magic Rock Candy introduced. Special Charm luck increase changed to a static 0.025.
|Skills & Stats|
|Skills||Farming • Mining • Foraging • Fishing • Combat|
|Stats||Attack • Crit. Power • Defense • Immunity • Luck • Magnetism • Speed • Weight|