The Secret Woods is an outdoor area that can be entered from the northwest corner of Cindersap Forest. The entrance is initially blocked by a fallen log that can be cleared after upgrading to a Steel Axe.
The Secret Woods contain seasonal forageables and Slimes that will attack the player.
The Secret Woods also contain six Large Stumps that regrow daily and can be harvested for a total of twelve Hardwood each day. Four stumps are in the upper part of the woods, and two are found by walking through one of two covered passages to a smaller lower area. One passage is through the trees slightly southeast of the upper set of three stumps, and the other is south of the entrance to the woods, approximately 2-3 tiles to the right of a bush. The former passage is a straight line, but the latter requires the player to walk south, then left, then south again.
Old Master Cannoli
Old Master Cannoli is a statue in the Secret Woods. When interacted with, it will give the description:
|“||“--Old Master Cannoli--
...Still searching for the sweetest taste...”
- In Spring: Wild Horseradish (52%), Morel (32%), and Common Mushroom (16%)
- In Summer: Fiddlehead Fern (78%), and Red Mushroom (22%)
- In Fall: Common Mushroom (46%), Chanterelle (38%), and Red Mushroom (15%)
- In Winter: Holly (100%)
Forageable items spawn at an average rate of 0.8-1.4 per night, depending upon the season: 0.9 in spring, 1.0 in summer, 0.8 in fall, and 1.4 winter. The map shows the possible locations as red tiles.
- 1-3 Clay (30-60%)
- Lost Book (20%); once all Lost Books have been found, any potential Lost Book is replaced by Mixed Seeds.
- Only in Winter: Winter Root (24%)
- Only in Winter: Snow Yam (16%)
- 1-3 Stone (10-20%)
- Only in Spring: 2-5 Rice Shoots (5%)
- An unseen Secret Note: up to 5% chance, only if the player has a Magnifying Glass.
Most of the year, there are only 8 tiles (near the pond) where artifact spots are possible, making them very rare, with an average rate of 0.01 per night. In winter the average rate increases to 0.7 per night.
Fishing is possible in the pond in the southwest area. A unique fish, the Woodskip, can only be caught here in most games. (The only exception is if the Forest Farm Map is chosen, in which case Woodskip can also be caught on the Farm). Carp and Catfish are also possible. The available fish are the same year-round, even though Catfish is normally unavailable during summer.
|Catfish||Rainy day only|
- For each forage item, the provided percentage is the average percentage of all forage items that will be the specified item for that season. The input data is Locations.xnb, which is processed by code in GameLocation::spawnObjects.
- Of the 1920 total tiles in the Secret Woods, 149 (8%) are valid spawn locations for standard forage items. For more information on forage item spawning, see Foraging.
- The chance of finding extra items in Artifact Spots in season-dependent. The maximum chance is in summer and fall. In winter, the chance is 50% less; in spring it is 6% less. See Artifact Spot for more information.
- Of the 1920 total tiles in the Secret Woods, 8 (0.4%) are valid spawn locations for artifact spots in spring, summer, and fall. 423 (22%) are valid spawn locations in winter. See Artifact Spot for more information.
- 1.4: Blowing leaves in the Secret Woods in Fall are now red/orange instead of green.
- 1.4.4: Fixed a bug where ambient noise would loop incorrectly in the Secret Woods at night.
|Locations||Backwoods • Beach • Bus Stop • Calico Desert • Cindersap Forest • Farm • Farm Cave • Farm Pond • Graveyard • Minecart • Mines • Mountain • Mutant Bug Lair • Pelican Town • Quarry • Quarry Mine • Railroad • Secret Woods • Sewers • Skull Cavern • Tunnel • Witch's Swamp|