|Allows you to cut and store grass for feed.|
|Build materials:||Stone (100) Clay (10) Copper Bar (5)|
Each silo can store up to 240 hay. The current amount stored can be checked by interacting with it. If the player owns multiple silos, it shows the combined total storage and capacity of all silos on The Farm.
Hay can be added to the silo in a number of ways:
- When The Player cuts grass on their farm with the scythe, there is a 50% chance that 1 hay is added to the silo.
- Hay can be purchased from Marnie's Ranch for 50g and added to the silo by left- or right-clicking on the silo while holding the hay.
- Hay can be obtained when harvesting Wheat and added to the silo in the same way.
- The silo is a good choice as a first building to be purchased. It takes fewer resources to build than other buildings, and allows a good stock of hay to be gathered before actually having to meet the needs of any animals.
- Cutting grass with a sword or similar weapon does not provide hay: only a scythe will stock the silo.
- Since all grass dies in Winter and farm animals will entirely rely on hay for the whole season, it's advisable to cut as much grass as needed to fill the silo or silos near the end of fall, even if it takes all the grass left on the farm.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Desert Trader • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer|
|Farm Buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Fish Pond • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Desert Obelisk • Earth Obelisk • Gold Clock • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other Buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Joja Warehouse • Movie Theater • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|