|This talk page is for discussing Coffee Bean.|
I can't understand those statements like Deluxe Spee-Gro being the optimal decision because it yields one extra harvest a plant per two seasons. Wow! That is astonishing 15g compared to roughly 10x more earnings from higher quality crops if quality fertilizer is used. Did anyone think about it? Miracle.flame (talk) 10:26, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- From the article: "Basic Fertilizer and Quality Fertilizer only affect the first bean from every harvest, which means 3 out of 4 beans harvested from each bush are going to be regular quality crops."
- In other words, you normally get four beans per harvest, but fertilizer only affects one of them each time.
- If you assume best case scenario and all of them would have given gold quality instead of regular, that's a 7g increase per harvest, totaling 63g with nine harvests in a season, or 161g in two seasons. Compare that to using Speed-Gro which would have given another four beans at 60g even if you assume worst case scenario that they're all regular quality.
- Then you also have to consider that turning the beans into coffee would be more profitable so getting more beans is also more profitable than getting higher quality beans.--Enkidu (talk) 14:55, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
In infobox it lists base price for coffee as 300g (buy price) when on all pages sell price is listed in that field, which is misleading (should be 150g for coffee). However, I can't find where that number comes from and see no way of editing it.
- The sell prices for artisan goods are handled by Template:Artisan. The prices have now been corrected. --BryghtShadow (talk) 07:50, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
Number of Harvests
I corrected the number of harvests to the correct amounts for total harvests but I'm not 100% how this site is calculating the growth and harvest days for 2 seasons so I figured I would let someone else fix that. 35% values are for sure wrong since they total to 57 and there is only at most 56 days in 2 seasons and it seems that the normal harvest days would be 44 days since the last harvest would be the next to last day of summer and that the day you plant the seed doesn't count at all for growth days which means all the rows need fixing as they I think are all off by 1-2 days in the counts for harvest days.Ewolfg1 (talk) 16:56, 21 December 2018 (UTC)
- I can look into it. Those numbers were added in December of 2017; the user hasn't been active since February 2018, so I'll have to try to reconstruct the calculations used. Thanks for pointing this out! margotbean (talk) 18:36, 21 December 2018 (UTC)