|This talk page is for discussing Penny.|
Schedule code extracted from game files
9: "NOT friendship Sam 6/900 Trailer 1 8 0/1100 Town 78 93 2 penny_sit_down/1600 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/1840 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String 23: "NOT friendship Sam 6/GOTO 9" #!String rain: "900 Trailer 5 5 0/1100 Trailer 9 7 0/1300 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/1500 Trailer 14 4 2 penny_sit_down/1800 Trailer 4 4 2 penny_read/2100 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String rain2: "810 Town 104 89 2 \"I'm going to go inside, I just wanted a quiet moment.\"/1200 ArchaeologyHouse 20 5 0/1600 Trailer 14 4 2 penny_sit_down/1900 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/2100 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String summer: "810 Town 96 18 3/1300 Town 63 15 2 penny_sit_down/1800 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/2100 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String winter: "900 Trailer 1 8 0/1030 CommunityCenter 23 17 2 penny_read/1500 CommunityCenter 46 13 0/1800 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/2100 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String CommunityCenter_Replacement: "ArchaeologyHouse 16 10 2" #!String winter_4: "900 Trailer 1 8 0 \"I have an appointment at the clinic this afternoon.\"/1130 Hospital 4 17 2 penny_sit_down/1330 Hospital 4 6 1 \"Hey! A little privacy, please?$a\"/1600 Town 75 52 2 penny_sit_down/1900 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/2100 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String 9_6: "GOTO spring" #!String 23_6: "GOTO spring" #!String Summer_Sun: "800 Town 96 18 3/1200 ScienceHouse 8 5 2 penny_sit_down/1800 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/2100 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String marriageJob: "830 ArchaeologyHouse 17 9 2 penny_read \"Hi, honey. It's nice of you to visit me at work.$h\"/1400 Town 88 100 2/1620 Town 17 90 3 penny_wave_left/1750 Forest 92 20 3 penny_wave_left/1830 BusStop -1 23 3" #!String Tue: "830 Trailer 6 5 0/900 ArchaeologyHouse 17 9 2 penny_read/1400 Town 88 100 2/1620 Town 17 90 3 penny_wave_left/1750 Forest 92 20 3 penny_wave_left/1830 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String Wed: "GOTO Tue" #!String Fri: "GOTO Tue" #!String Sat: "1000 Town 32 89 2/1200 Town 12 13 1/1700 Town 29 91 3/2000 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String marriage_Mon: "830 SeedShop 2 26 2 \"Hi, honey! I'm just doing some shopping.\"/1100 SeedShop 5 19 0 \"Don't worry, I'm using my own money to buy this.\"/1130 Town 35 89 2 penny_read/1600 Town 44 77 2 penny_sit_down \"I wonder if Maru will get married some day?\"/1810 BusStop -1 23 3" #!String spring: "800 Town 35 89 2 penny_read/1230 Trailer 12 7 0 penny_dishes/1600 Town 44 77 2 penny_sit_down/1840 Trailer 4 9 1" #!String
Schedule indicates only a single schedule for the fall, but I went to find her Tuesday(Fall 2) for her birthday and noticed she's following her regular Summer schedule, leaving the trailer at 9 and heading to the Library/ArchaeologyHouse. As I'm not seeing anything specific to fall in the above schedule code, I assume it just carries over from Summer. Unsure where the fall schedule shown on the main page comes into play though.
Slight note, this day was windy, so that could play a part? As perhaps the sunny/normal days during summer?
I was looking at the schedule to find where penny would be on Wed the 10th of Winter. It says she should be near the town graveyard. But she is teaching Jas and Vincent. I am not sure as to what else she does on that day but she wasn't near the graveyard. Thanks for your attention. Mavster12 (talk) 22:21, 11 May 2017
- Hello Mavster12! There are several factors that could affect Penny's schedule. If the Community Center is restored, her schedule changes; if it's snowing or if you have a certain heart level with Sam, then her schedule deviates. Or it could be that the schedule tables are wrong. It's difficult to say which without more info. margotbean (talk) 18:52, 12 May 2017 (BST)
Nagging her husband?
After being married for a few weeks, Penny was blocking the door one day while I was inside. When I talked to her, she said something about 'you could have cleaned up the house' to me. I'd been married long enough where I didn't pay too much attention to the dialogue, so I clicked it off too fast to screenshot it, but I speed-read it and that was the jist of it. She still had 12 (or 13) hearts, so it wasn't like she was unhappy or anything, and I really wasn't expecting anything like that.
Is there any code about that, or has anyone else seen a nagging wife? Maybe a wife will just be in a bad mood one day a season.
- Your spouse says that when they can't pathfind to their destination (i.e. something is in their way). —Pathoschild (talk) 03:00, 4 July 2017 (BST)
Schedule - Summer
If someone could explain me this, I'd be glad.
We have a "Sunny Weather" section, which I understand as: if there is no other specific deviations, every sunny day, she would follow this script. But after this, there is a specific schedule for every and each day of the week, if it is "sunny". In my understanding, this leaves no possibility for the general "Sunny Weather" schedule to ever happen.
- Nope, you've got it. There are things wrong with many of the NPC schedules, including conflicts, conflicting entries, and entries that should be there but aren't. I've just found the rainy day schedule is wrong, at least in timing, early morning. Sorting it out and verifying takes effort no one has seemed to want to do, myself included. I think the code readers around here stand the best (or at least easiest) chance of getting an accurate story, but I'm not one of them. Butterbur (talk) 04:58, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
I have made several observations on one Wed, 10 Summer Year 2, a day with rain, thunder, and lightning, and found that the rainy day deviations are incorrect. All observations confirmed consistency for this particular game, no matter how many times the day is run. It is essentially the "Rainy" schedule, to which I will do cleanup. The other "Rainy Year 2" schedule, however, is one I am sure I have seen at other times, and it is my belief that I saw it in year 1 as well. My guess is that they are simply two alternatives for a rainy-day schedule for Penny, not tied to the year the way they have been labeled. I will simply list them then as alternatives. Butterbur (talk) 17:21, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Sapador & Butterbur -- Penny's schedule is listed above on this page. If you expand the code, you can read it as a top-down filter, the way the game does. On the 9th or 23rd, if the player does not have 6 hearts of friendship with Sam, Penny will follow the first line of the code. Otherwise, the game checks if it's raining, and chooses either the "rain" schedule or the "rain2" schedule (randomly, I think). If not either of those conditions, then the game checks if it's summer, then winter, and so on down the list.
- Each entry includes the time (on a 24-hour clock), the location, then the exact tile where she will stand or sit (plus an optional animation at that tile).
- I have not run through the game code to see if any anomalies exist in this method. (This is the main reason I haven't overhauled everyone's schedule). But it is the basic way the game determines where Penny will be at any given time.
- Hope this helps. margotbean (talk) 17:37, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks indeed, Margotbean! I guess I suffered a perception collapse above. ;)
- I ran a couple more checks from my (rather rainy) Summer year 2, and found alternative A on the 8th and alternative B on the 4th. No other coded schedule conditions changed during those 6 days, so it seems random enough.
- I see such code in other NPC talk pages, so I expect I'll now go around cleaning up some things from time to time. I do think the presentation is somewhat lacking organizationally, here and at some other pages, so I'll hope to make things clearer as I go. There's quite a bit to do, but I'll nibble, and eventually the witch's gingerbread house will be gone. ;) Butterbur (talk) 18:01, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
I noticed that the Golden Pumpkin is a universal love as a gift. Yet when I gave it to Penny, she acted as it was a hated gift. I know that Rabbits Foot is a Universal Love that she hates. The Wiki says that she should love it, is anyone else having a problem with this? Just confused because I wasn't expecting her to hate it. (Bassthetiger (talk) 21:54, 5 August 2018 (BST))
- She should love it in v1.3. If you've got the Steam version, right-click on the game and choose "Properties", then "Local Files", then "Verify integrity of local files." If you've got the GOG version, reinstall the game. If you're on console (Switch included), then you haven't got the update yet. margotbean (talk) 23:51, 5 August 2018 (BST)
- Okay thanks! I didn't know that the Switch version wasn't up to date yet! (Bassthetiger (talk) 23:54, 5 August 2018 (BST))
FP Value modifiers.
|“||“Hmm... What kind of snowman should we make?”|
A classic one. Carrot nose, top-hat scarf.
Something funky. Icicle antennas, pine cone eyes.
Snowmen are boring. Think outside of the box!
Penny asks this at Festival of Ice, with the three choices given above to answer. I'd add it under a new 'Questions' subheading on the article (underneath 'quotes' to keep article consistency) but I'm missing any Friendship Point modifiers from the different choices. Has anyone got the changes in FP, if any? MM (Communications) (Crops) 23:00, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- There are no friendship effects to any of the answers. :) margotbean (talk) 17:47, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
- Might as well use this section again for this next one.
|“||“But it's best not to dwell on bad things, right?”|
- Right. It's best to be positive! (+50 friendship.)
|“||“That's how I feel. I'm just going to focus on making the future better.”|
- I think it's good to be realistic (+10 friendship.)
|“||“Maybe you're right. It's better to cope with reality.”|
Six Heart Event.
I just had it fire after purchasing the Community Upgrade so I'm guessing it was a fix in 1.4 or the original note on the Six Heart Event is wrong, that being said I'm running a few mods that might have also included this fix. Can anyone else verify?