Automatically categorize recipes
I'm trying to figure out a way that the ingredients listed in this template could automatically categorize pages. For example, since the infobox of Lightning Rod lists Iron Bar as an ingredient, it could automatically add :Category:Crafted with Iron Bar to the Lightning Rod's page. Then, on every infobox, we could use the "PAGESINCATEGORY" magic word to include a link that says "Category:Crafted with Iron Bar|Used to craft 23 items" (linking to the category to see all of the items).
- I love this idea! It would simplify a lot the work needed in each page, and also give the wiki even more use. --Frenchiveruti (talk) 18:24, 8 March 2016 (EST)
Add a "can't be selled" price
Some items like the geodes can't be selled at all, but It would be nice for the wiki aspect to display something stating that an item can't be selled, what do you think? --Frenchiveruti (talk) 18:24, 8 March 2016 (EST)
How do we do with items from multiple sources?
Let's say that the Omni-geode can come from different sources, like mining and also monster loot, how do we write on the source of a infobox both? Is there a way or needs to be implemented? --Frenchiveruti (talk) 18:24, 8 March 2016 (EST)
Hide price and season when not used
As stated before, some items that belong to all seasons, like bateries and geodes or monster loot, should hide the "season" tag, and if it can't be selled, be able to tell it, or hide it. --Frenchiveruti (talk) 18:27, 8 March 2016 (EST)
Needs support for multiple professions
Things that are created from animal products now also get a bonus from the Rancher profession (Mayo, Cloth, Cheese etc), so we need to be able to show prices for both Rancher and Artisan on these products. --Shiverwarp (talk) 19:05, 3 November 2016 (GMT)
- Perhaps we could use item IDs and categories (same named items need some special handling)? I'll try to get the multi-prof working --BryghtShadow (talk) 13:38, 4 November 2016 (GMT)
- I think just being able to add a profession2 to the items we know would probably be fine, maybe simpler? --Shiverwarp (talk) 21:12, 5 November 2016 (GMT)
Pumpkin is broken
I can't be bothered working out why, but for some reason the info in pumpkin is incorrect. At least for pumpkin juice it should be 1008 for normal quality with Artisan profession, both from calculation (1.4*720) and testing, but the infobox shows 1007. Nil Einne (talk) 00:41, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- We're probably truncating too many times. Infobox calls Template:Artisan, which truncates and sends the value to Template:QualityPrice, which also truncates. I'll look at it tomorrow, unless someone else wants to jump in. Anyone else. Really.
- p.s. Thanks for the heads up, Nil Einne. :) margotbean (talk) 02:33, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- Aha! Please refer to Talk:Cauliflower#Price Generation by Infobox Template to see that it matters which order truncations are done in. I show there that the quality level calculation must be done first, then the Artisan (or any other) bonus. Looks like the template might correct this (and a host of other) nits by reversing its related template calls. Butterbur (talk) 18:15, 25 April 2017 (BST)
I would say that it would be good to modify the behavior of this template so that when edibility is zero, the template will display both zero energy and zero health gains from eating the item. All other edibility values give both, and leaving one out makes one wonder what's up with the missing one. Butterbur (talk) 18:27, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- Fixed. Health is always a proportion of energy (both are based on the "edibility" parameter) so when one is zero, the other is always zero... but I guess we forgot that isn't obvious to anyone who hasn't worked on the calculations. "Oops." margotbean (talk) 19:50, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- :) I have noticed how the values calculations are related, but when I began to see how the under-reporting of zeroes was duplicated around the Wiki, then I figured something must have been left out. Not such a big oops (they do happen), but it's nice to have it fixed. Thanks! Butterbur (talk) 21:37, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
Calculation of Energy and Health Benefits
Please note the discussion topic at Template talk:QualityHealthGrid#Calculation of Energy and Health Benefits to see that calculation of Health mirrors the difficulties with multiple price bonuses found here. While I indicate that this template is correct in its calculation method for Health, if my expectation of consistency in the game proves to be wrong, it could be this template that needs correction. We still need confirmation of exactly what Health benefit the game really confers. Butterbur (talk) 23:57, 25 April 2017 (BST)