|This is Oath2order's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Oath2order.|
- 1 Crop Redirects
- 2 Template Docs Pages
- 3 Ancient Seeds
- 4 Re:Templates
- 5 Extension Request
- 6 Crop Pages
- 7 Recipe navbox
- 8 Thanks for fixing my muck-ups!
- 9 Ferngill Republic Reply
- 10 Yeah about the Ferngill Republic page.
- 11 Alphabetical or Game sorting?
- 12 Re: Re: Alphabetical or Game sorting?
- 13 re: edits on achievements
- 14 Zuzu
- 15 Licensing
- 16 Chopped Rooms
- 17 Quick question.
- 18 Tools pages
- 19 Shirts
Haha no problem! I saw you were busy uploading a TON of images and I hoped no one would mind. I was going to do it for the recipes pages too. Is there anything else I can help out with? Is there some basic to-do list we've got that I can check out somewhere? <3 Mndarrr (talk)
Template Docs Pages
I saw you'd started some templates for the docs pages and I dove in to help out. They're working properly now and any /doc pages we create will display when we use the documentation template now. That'll save the examples from being pulled each place the original template is being called. Everything you had is still there, I just moved the samples to the doc pages instead. :)
I might play with the infobox template a bit more. I wanted to add if statements to them so it wouldnt leave blank space if someone left something blank. If we do that, we can use the same infobox for everything from villagers and buildings to fish and crops. It'd be nice since it looks like we may end up having to make those individual pages at some point. Mndarrr (talk) 20:06, 29 February 2016 (EST)
- Yeah we'll need to go in and create those pages and move things over. I'm working on the list now Mndarrr (talk) 20:20, 29 February 2016 (EST)
Carrotte: hey mind telling me what was wrong with the ancient seeds package image I uploaded? It is what is in your crafting window. Your reason for deletion just stated "no?".
Update: Nvm, but you should have added that it already existed in the reason! the crops page needs it fixed as well, sorry.
|“||“What exactly do User:Kapra/List and User:Kapra/List/Rewards do?”|
|— Oath2order (talk) 19:22, 2 March 2016 (EST)|
- I'm not sure if I'm supposed to respond on my talk page or on yours. Template List is a template for the entries in the tables like on the Social page and on individual NPC pages. List/Rewards is for special cases like Geodes where they can award a random other item, though that may change. I've given each of the items their own templates as well, which has information directly from the game (and some from existing pages). The items' data templates can be used with the List templates together, as you can see an early example on my user page, but the data can also easily be presented in another way by using a different template instead of list. Like a template for use on an item page, which I haven't worked on yet and don't yet know if one exists on any item's page. The advantage of this system is that each time the data is presented, there is a (edit) button that you can click directing you to the data template, and editing it in there will alter the information everywhere. This could be useful in the future if I can get NPCs' likes involved. I was planning on making a more stable example on my userpage then presenting it for peer review but ongoing advice would be appreciated. The one downside of this would be that it would take a lot of manual work to make the templates for the items, but if I'm allowed to, then I wouldn't mind putting the time forth. -- Kapra (talk) 21:00, 2 March 2016 (EST)
- Are you guys going to do individualized pages for any items? Or is everything going to be on a generalized page like how Apple redirects to Fruit Trees? If items are going to have individualized pages, I could make the process easier. If not, oh well. =X -- Kapra (talk) 00:00, 4 March 2016 (EST)
I don't suppose I can convince you or whoever has the authority to add a mediawiki plugin for arrays? I'm trying to work on a potential template that would read strings directly from the games' files and translate them into full tables with headers and stuff for NPC pages' gifts sections. If allowed to be done, this could potentially be more accurate than filling it out by hand, and possibly more include an expandable list of universals (that actually work on them and aren't excluded) as well. -- Kapra (talk) 03:28, 4 March 2016 (EST)
- Also, I'm sorry that I keep bothering you, but can Template:IDs be deleted? It was moved to Template:ID for the sake of a simpler name. -- Kapra (talk) 04:06, 4 March 2016 (EST)
I see you did a major rebuild on the Crops page to add individual pages for all the crops. Now, however, the tables in the Crops page are very malformed, several ) and other characters left over, per day values missing for most items. I figured out how to fix the table at the bottom of Crops, but the category table is looking like the links are not entered correctly somehow. I don't know enough about wiki formatting or the style planning of the wiki to make the changes necessary for that or the per-day values. Hoping that letting you know is the best answer because it looks like your changes are necessary to properly contain information within templates and data objects, but it seems like some things got eaten in translation! --Gedrean (talk) 17:44, 17 March 2016 (EDT)
Thanks for fixing my muck-ups!
My bad about the Navigational Templates. My intention was to remove the Template pages themselves from the categories they are auto-populating. Sorry you had to take time to fix my mistakes. I have no issues with fixing my own screw-ups, and I appreciate that you fixed these (also appreciate the respectable comments you left - most people probably would have been A-holes about something like that). So anyway, I'm not here to waste anybody's time and thanks again. --NibKing (talk) 16:59, 21 March 2016 (EDT)
Ferngill Republic Reply
I would rather fight a hundred "close and personal" battles than have a discussion concerning the page in that regard. All discussions concerning the page will be ignored by me and all traces have been removed.
Yeah about the Ferngill Republic page.
It was written because I felt that it is a gap of information in the entire game. The source is imagination plus some facts from the game such as Yodaism. I would put it back if you would allow it since the game does not specifically mention anything about it nor have anything contradicting what I wrote. Please tell me your opinion concerning this and your approval. Yes, I am JimmyProvince. I won't delete discussions anymore.
Alphabetical or Game sorting?
I'm seeing this as an issue on the Fish page and the Cooking page. On Cooking, I see you and Nibking have been cleaning it up, but in the process have managed to sort it alphabetically instead of using the ingame sorting, making it MUCH harder for users to find the exact dish they're missing without constantly tabbing in between both. Likewise, this has happened on the Fish page, but Stein did this one. I'm not well versed in wiki editing, and both pages have gotten additional edits helping them since then, but the fact still remains that the sorting on both is counterintuitive, as there was already a way TO sort them alphabetically. Can we get help changing both pages back while still fixing the issues that have been fixed since the bad alphabetizing edits happened?
Re: Re: Alphabetical or Game sorting?
The issue I'm seeing with having it BEING Alphabetical without prompting is that players who are using the Wiki to see what recipes they're missing by using the ingame order can't do that anymore. Fish always had a bit of an issue with that just due to the crab pot/legendary fish being in separate lists, but people could still look down and figure out 'Oh, that's why there was a gap in the fish I haven't caught yet, it was a crab pot/legendary fish.' With both pages, it was MUCH easier to find exactly what you were missing before the alphabetization happened because you could look ingame at the recipes you've cooked, see the one before the one you were missing, go to the wiki page, find the one before and look one below and see 'Oh hey, I'm missing the recipe for the Tom Kha Soup.' Now? You have to GUESS based on the shadows given to you or go through and repeatedly tab in and out, trying to write down every recipe you have and compare the two. It is NOT a good change in that regard- if I were a new player trying to find what I was missing it would be so much work that it wouldn't be worth doing anymore. That is my issue with the alphabetization on those pages- it's extremely unfriendly to new users and vets of the game alike. IT IS NOT A GOOD DEFAULT SORTING SYSTEM!
re: edits on achievements
Hey, I somehow came back to the wiki again, and saw that you edited some of the missing achievement pictures I grabbed from steam achievements and uploaded with the licensing. Didn't know about that, so I did some that you missed out. Thanks! sengjung123 (talk)
Hey, just wanted to know why you deleted my Zuzu city page? thanks.
Okay, that's cool
Felky (talk): Hey there, I was wondering if there was a page out there regarding licensing and templates that I could read up on. I intend to add the CA license to all of the images I am uploading so that you don't have to. I noticed each image was categorized after adding the CA license as well. Reply here, or shoot me a message. Thanks!
|“||“We just put every image under Template:License CA. Check out Category:Images for all the subcategories images go into :) ”|
|— Oath2order (talk) 20:53, 3 April 2016 (EDT)|
|“||“http://stardewvalleywiki.com/File:Rooms.png this to cut up into individual rooms”|
- Felky (talk) 17:44, 5 April 2016 (EDT) : The images have been re-categorized under each spouse. (Sam Spouse Room under Sam images) I noticed the prior spouse room file name and types were inconsistent. I flagged all the prior ones for deletion and re-linked the appropriate pages to use the uniformized images (file name= XYZ Spouse Room, type = png)
Hey, is there a certain place we can let people know about new information? I noticed that Wild Plums aren't listed as something that will drop from the farm cave when you have the bat option, but I have no idea how to edit any of these pages without screwing them up entirely.
Hey, I saw that you had initiated the creation of individual tool pages such as
It seems to me that it would be better to switch it back to a redirect to the main tools page or possibly as a single page for the tool that would include all its level. This way the information is less spread out and allows for easier comparison between tool levels which I think is the common use case. I wanted to check with you to see if there was a particular reason for your changes though before editing it. Kjschiroo (talk) 15:09, 10 July 2016 (EDT)
Hey Oath2order -- The Admin and I discussed how to handle dyeing and tailoring before v1.4 was released, and we decided not to have an individual page for each shirt and pair of pants. Thus, I'll be deleting those pages. If you'd like to come back as moderator, we should discuss and coordinate first. Thanks, margotbean (talk) 15:54, 26 April 2020 (UTC)