|This is XaqNautilus's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to XaqNautilus.|
mouseypounds created this awesome tool for checking your progress.
Hi XaqNautilus, I'm sorry, I've deleted the image of Demetrius' Fried Mushroom recipe letter, mainly because it makes it an oddball among all the other recipes sent in the mail. I just don't think we need one recipe letter image. Also, it's a 200K .jpg, smaller .png images with transparency would be preferred. So sorry, margotbean (talk) 17:50, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- I was coming around to that line of thought anyway. No worries XaqNautilus (talk) 21:25, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
About this growing to stage 3 thing -- there's no game code that controls pine trees differently than other trees. So I would think what you experienced in-game would apply to all common trees.
What you wrote on the Pine Tree page says that they only grow to stage 3 in Winter, meaning they skip from stage 2 to stage 4 during every other season. Is that what you meant to say?
- I cut down all the trees outside the farm near the beginning of winter and noticed that all the pine trees sprouted to Stage 3 and then stopped growing. Meanwhile some oak trees I had planted on my farms stayed as seeds all winter. I am going to do some testing on this, I have a good save file at the end of Fall that I will bomb! XaqNautilus (talk) 21:33, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Aha! I see now. So, we have trees on the farm and trees outside the farm, that just might behave differently. Since trees outside the farm will always grow back if cut down completely, they may (or may not) grow differently than on the farm. Perhaps we need to differentiate between common trees on the farm and outside the farm.
- If you're going to test, would you be able to chop down the oak and maple trees in Cindersap Forest (and/or at the bus stop) to see if they behave the same ways as pine trees?
- Let me know what happens in your testing! Thanks again, margotbean (talk) 21:59, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
The Winter Tree Experiment
Objective: Study growth behavior of common trees in Winter.
Methodology: Ignore whimpers from environmentalists. On farm plant 20+ seeds of maple, oak and pine on Winter 1. On the same day, slaughter every tree outside the farm that can be slaughtered. Have bonfire, cook marshmallows. On Winter 14 seed of each type were also planted in hoed artifact spots to study them as well.
Results: Any seeds planted on the farm or in artifact spots did not grow. The other trees that do not require replanting spawn as a Stage 3 sapling within 1-3 days. Tree type had no effect on results although Pines were easier to identify. Maple and Oaks were identified as Stage 3 on Spring 1 as in Winter they were just snow covered twigs.
Other Observations: Stumps will generate seeds around them. Loaded chests and Giant Crops are impervious to explosions.
Relevant pages edited.
XaqNautilus (talk) 02:00, 10 February 2018 (UTC)