Modding talk:Player Guide/Getting Started
|This talk page is for discussing Modding:Player Guide/Getting Started.|
Hello, I just tried to update the link to the Stardew Modding wiki because it moved to a different host site so the current link leads to an empty page. This was automatically prevented by this wiki though. All that needs to be done is swap `miraheze.org` out for `wiki.gg` (same goes for any other links to the modding wiki here). Vinilla (talk) 00:41, 5 July 2023 (UTC)
- I've done a global find & replace to update the links. Sorry for the trouble, but vandalism prevention, you know. Thanks for reporting the problem! margotbean (talk) 15:55, 5 July 2023 (UTC)
Updates to "Can I Have Different Mod Groups" - Mac Platform
Current instructions are incorrect. I was able to successfully create mod groups on my Mac by completing the following steps:
- Create a separate folder for each mod group in your game folder, like
- Create a text file on your desktop with the same name as the mod group, for example SMAPI_multiplayer and format as Plain Text.
- Input ~ followed by your folder path. Add the following text to the end of the string:
- Save the file, then mark the file executable.
- If you get the error: "The file “SMAPI multiplayer.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges. To view or change access privileges, select the file in the Finder and choose File > Get Info." Then use the following code in the terminal: chmod u+x /path/to/SMAPI multiplayer.command to give yourself these access privileges.
- Double-click the script on your desktop to launch SMAPI with the specified mod folder.
~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/Contents/MacOS/StardewModdingAPI --mods-path "Mods(multiplayer)"