|This is ColitoCole's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to ColitoCole.|
Hey I wasn't sure who to tell this
Windows 10 on Chrome Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit)
this link didn't work until after I created an account.
I just logged out to test it and here is the message:
Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties. Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.
(Cannot access the database)
I logged back in and it worked again.
Please pass this on to the appropriate person if that isn't you.
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place I've never contributed to a wiki before.
- The correct place to post this would probably be the admin noticeboard, however I logged out and the Fall page worked fine, so it might just have been temporary problem or just something wrong with your internet. I would test this again now, and if it still does not work then post it on the admin noticeboard or if you don't know how to do that just tell me and I can copy this over there. - PointlessSerpent (talk) 23:04, 27 February 2021 (UTC)
Captcha not accepting valid answers
The captcha is asking me "Who is the developer of Stardew Valley?" and it will not accept "ConcernedApe" or "Eric Barone", preventing me from creating my own user talk page. The captcha help dialog instructs me to contact a site administrator. There is no error message provided other than to answer the captcha question, which I'm answering correctly using information copied/pasted direct from the wiki. I press the save button and receive the same or preview button and perpetually receive the same prompt. It is just plain wikitext on my talk page, no links etc. Thank you for your assistance. User6789 (talk) 17:57, 21 August 2021 (UTC)
- The server people tell me that "ConcernedApe" is indeed the correct answer... Perhaps you could try again, making sure there's no space in the name, and report back on the results? Sincere apologies for the inconvenience! margotbean (talk) 19:11, 21 August 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks Margotbean, I tried several times with the exact phrase "ConcernedApe" (no spaces, no quote marks of course, copied and pasted again from here). I just had to keep trying again and again until it gave me a different question and answer to submit that it accepted. It was on iOS tablet Safari, might be a problem related to Safari. Thanks again User6789 (talk) 19:24, 21 August 2021 (UTC)
Request to delete my account unaddressed
"You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Data. If you choose to have your Personal Data removed from the Services, we will carry out your request '''within 30 days''' of account verification, subject to extension, and we will only retain minimal Personal Data to document your request and the actions we took to carry out your request."
I'm hoping that being able to log in and post this should be verification enough of my account? I provided a link to examples for tackling on MediaWiki software, in case it might be helpful. I put it on the admin page and on my user page. It has been over a month without reply here or via email to the address mentioned on the policy page... So, I thought I should try to follow up by reaching out again to see if this can please be resolved (I will also re-email and will add my previously deleted email back to this wiki login, in case seeing my matched email in the "mwuser" database table) can provide further verification. Thanks in advance!
If it helps at all, the Renameuser extension or the UserMerge extension work well for this purpose and compliance with GDPR. Both extensions are noted on their extension pages to used on Wikimedia/Wikipedia projects, so generally are considered stable and having good compatibility. I'm not concerned about the content I've posted since most of it had been reversed anyhow, I'd just really appreciate having my username removed from this wiki please, thank you! :) Username_Removed (talk) 11:28, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
- My apologies, I see now that the first email bounced and I didn’t notice. Hopefully the combination of the re-sent email, and this demonstrated access to my account to post the request, is sufficient verification. Thanks for reviewing my request! :) - Username_Removed (talk) 12:58, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
- Addition: In case it isn't spotted on admin page, can you please also review the discussion at: Talk:Dyeing, thank you.
Website layout is broken in zh-cn and zh-hk when not logging in
Hi, Cole! The wiki's layout (left side bar) is broken on zh wiki when not logging in. I have tested in different network and devices with same results. Here are the screenshots: zh-cn, zh-hk.You can reproduce it after logging out and visiting following links: