Modding:Installing SMAPI on Android
This page explains how to install SMAPI (the tool which lets you use mods) on Android. See also:
Choose a port
The Android version of the game is very custom compared to other platforms, so the official version of SMAPI isn't compatible. There are two unofficial ports of SMAPI for Android, by MartyrPher and ZaneYork. They use different installers, but both use MartyrPher's port as a base so mod compatibility should be equivalent. Both support most SMAPI mods and content packs (including framework mods like Content Patcher, Farm Type Manager, Json Assets, and PyTK).
Generally, you can use whichever port has the newer SMAPI version. When you switch from one port to the other, uninstalling the previous one first is recommended (but there's no need to remove mods).
- Download the latest installer APK file (the file under "Assets" that ends with .apk).
- Install the APK on your phone.
- Run the new app to install SMAPI. This may take a while depending on your device (e.g. 21s on a Samsung Galaxy S10, and 1 minute 13s on a Samsung Galaxy S6).
- When it's done, you can safely uninstall the installer app.
That's it! Just launch the game to play with mods.
Just follow the install steps again; the installer will automatically clean up previous versions.
- Uninstall the SMAPI Stardew Valley app.
- Uninstall the SMAPI installer.
- Manually delete the smapi-internal folder from the StardewValley game folder.
To install mods, just unzip them into the newly-created StardewValley/Mods folder. To launch the game with mod support, just run the SMAPI Stardew Valley icon or tap the floating action button in the installer app.