Mods are packages of files which change Stardew Valley in some way. Mods can add features (like showing NPCs on the map), change game mechanics (like making fences decay more slowly), make cosmetic changes (like making your house look like a hobbit home), and much more.
| Player's guide to using mods|
How to install SMAPI, use mods, and troubleshoot them. Includes the compatibility list.
| Modder's guide to SMAPI|
How to create SMAPI mods, with tutorials and documentation. This includes the full SMAPI API + event reference.
- Using XNB mods (not recommended)
For mod creators
- Migrate to SMAPI 2.0 (October 2017)
- Migrate to Stardew Valley 1.3 (May 2018)
- Migrate to Stardew Valley 1.3 (XNB changes) (May 2018)
- Draft: Migrate to SMAPI 3.0 (TBD)
- Chat on Discord — get help, ask questions, or discuss with modders and SMAPI developers.