Modding:Installing SMAPI on Mac
This page explains how to install SMAPI (the tool which lets you use mods) on MacOS. See also:
- Install Mono. (The 'stable channel' version is fine. If this doesn't work, see Troubleshooting.)
- Download the latest version of SMAPI.
- Open the .zip file you downloaded to extract its contents.
- Expand the 'SMAPI X.X.X installer' folder in your Downloads.
install on Mac.commandand select open.
- Select open in the dialog box, and follow the on-screen instructions.
That's it! Just launch the game to play with mods. You don't need to change your Steam launch options (that's only needed on Windows).
To install manually instead, see instructions in the installer's readme.
Just install the new version; the installer will automatically clean up previous versions.
- Launch the installer again (see install steps).
- When prompted, choose the uninstall option.
- If the game freezes when loading a save with no error in the SMAPI window, try reinstalling Mono (see install step 1).
- If the SMAPI window no longer appears after a game update, reinstall SMAPI to fix the launcher.
- See the troubleshooting page for general troubleshooting.