Modding:Installing SMAPI on Mac
This page explains how to install SMAPI (the tool which lets you use mods) on MacOS. See also:
- Install Mono. (The 'stable channel' version is fine. If this doesn't work, see Troubleshooting.)
- Download the latest version of SMAPI.
- Open the .zip file you downloaded to extract its contents.
- Enable the installer script:
- Open Launchpad.
- Type Terminal and select the Terminal app.
- Enter this command:
mdfind -0 'kMDItemFSName = "install on Mac.command" && kMDItemContentType = "com.apple.terminal.shell-script"' | xargs -0 xattr -d com.apple.quarantine
- (You might see this error: No such xattr: com.apple.quarantine. If so, just ignore it and continue to the next step.)
- Expand the 'SMAPI X.X.X installer' folder in your Downloads, double-click
install on Mac.command, and follow the on-screen instructions.
That's it! Just launch the game to play with mods. You don't need to change your Steam launch options (that's only needed on Windows).
To install manually instead, see instructions in the installer's readme.
Just install the new version; the installer will automatically clean up previous versions.
- Open the file
install on Mac.command.
- Choose to uninstall SMAPI.
Special notes for macOS
- You may need to reinstall Mono when updating macOS.
- You may need to reinstall SMAPI when the game updates.