Modding:Installing SMAPI on Linux
This page explains how to install SMAPI (the tool which lets you use mods) on Linux. See also:
- Install Mono (the mono-complete package is recommended).
- Download the latest version of SMAPI.
- Extract the .zip file somewhere (but not in your game folder!).
- Run the install on Linux.sh file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
The installer will detect your game and add SMAPI for you.
That's it! Just launch the game to play with mods. You don't need to change your Steam launch options (that's only needed on Windows).
To install manually instead, see instructions in the installer's readme.
Just install the new version; the installer will automatically clean up previous versions.
- Launch the installer again (see install steps).
- When prompted, choose the uninstall option.
- If the game freezes when loading a save with no error in the SMAPI window, try reinstalling Mono (see install step 1).
- If the SMAPI window no longer appears after a game update, reinstall SMAPI to fix the launcher.
- See the troubleshooting page for general troubleshooting.