|This talk page is for discussing Furniture.|
just loaded onto a very old cheat farm and found 'Cursed P.K. Arcade System'. i don't know what it is, there's nothing about it on this wiki anyone have info? -oxygen
- It is an item that exists in the game's data files, but was never actually implemented into the game. The only way to get it is through mods. There are a couple items like this that were never implemented. Squigs44 (talk) 07:15, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
I'm like to propose standardizing the Furniture page, particularly the wikitables. My suggestion is that each table (with a few exceptions such as "Night Market Paintings", "Movie Posters", "Seasonal Plants", etc) should have the following columns: "Carpenter's Shop", "Traveling Cart", "Furniture Catalogue", and "Other". The "Other" column would include the Oasis, the Casino, the Desert Trader, the Island Trader, Festivals, events, items unique to certain farms, etc. I think a standardization like that would remove the need for most of the information above each table, and it would help clear up some confusing listings. I'd also like to find a way to show all of the Wall Sconce options in the "Lamps & Windows" section. I'm willing to tackle this myself over the next few weeks, but I'd like to open it up to discussion first. Thanks Digresser (talk) 03:06, 16 July 2023 (UTC)
- Hello Digresser! That sounds like a fine idea to reduce the number of columns in some tables. The fact that you said it would take "a few weeks" does concern me a bit... are you planning on updating all 12 languages? If so, that would be stupendous!!
- Why don't you create the changes in your user space (create a page called "User:Digresser/FurnitureRedo" or somthing similar), and work on it there when you have time. That way, you can work out any problems or bugs before the changes go live, and you can also work at your leisure. margotbean (talk) 14:06, 16 July 2023 (UTC)
Furniture Template Update
I'd like to suggest 2 updates to furniture tables and the furniture article infobox template:
- Include furniture size (tile area, e.g., 2x3, 1x1; include for floor/tabletop and wall items)
- Include placement behavior (e.g., floor, wall, outside/inside, tabletop)
This information would be especially helpful for players who have yet to buy the furniture catalogue, as it will help them determine if they have the necessary/desired free space to place an individual item before purchasing it.
Please note: I've only played Stardew Valley on mobile (iOS) so far, so am unsure if this information is included in purchase screens on other platforms. It is certainly missing in iOS, though.