|This is User314159's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to User314159.|
Hello User31459! Regarding the changes to Template:NavboxFish and the Clam pages, you are correct that the clam is not a fish in-game, and maybe shouldn't be in the navbox (and perhaps the fish navbox shouldn't be on the clam page). It's a gray area, since the clam can be caught in Crab Pots.
The reason I reverted your changes is two-fold: (1) Template changes need to be discussed first since templates are the same across 12 languages, so a change to one requires changes to up to 11 other templates; and (2) The clam is still categorized as "Spring Fish", "Summer Fish", "Fall Fish", etc. etc. (you can see the categories at the bottom of the Clam page). This is true in all languages that have a clam page.
So, while it's not incorrect to remove the clam from certain "Fish" areas of the wiki, it could be argued that it acts like a fish, and so should remain. That, and the cascading changes across the other languages are the reasons for changing your edits.
"Coat of many colors"
I am working on a project approved by margotbean, and would like some help undertaking this big task. The project is to add shortcuts from all items in-game that can be used to dye objects, to emily, haley, and their house. If you would like to help, please start on the list of items that serve as a orange dye in the sewing machine/dye pots. Thank you! Fnaticlyric560 (talk) 22:59, 7 September 2021 (UTC)
Hello again! I just wanted to remind you that when you change a page subheading, it's a good idea to check for what links to it, so those links won't be broken. Another option is to add a <span> tag to the heading with the old name, but that's messier when editors look under the hood, so to speak. Thanks again, margotbean (talk) 21:14, 14 September 2021 (UTC)
Just wanted to say I've enjoyed seeing your editing here. Nice points, clarifications, observations. And about that user name: should I call you "pi"? Cheers. Giles (talk) 17:31, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- I know right? My brother pointed out the resemblence between the name and 3.1415926... (as in the didgits of pi!) Fnaticlyric560 (talk) 22:00, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing stuff up!
Just wanted to write a quick thanks for fixing up Combat, I couldn't figure out what Margot was referring to by some levels and not all of them. And I've seen you on a number of other pages too, keep up the good work~! Techhead7890 (talk) 14:36, 29 September 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you! Yeah, it was kind of ambiguous for what was written previously for Combat health points. User314159 (talk) 00:57, 30 September 2021 (UTC)
You have only been on the wiki a short time, and yet, you have been one of the most productive users I know! Have you been an editor on another wiki before this, or is this all just natural talent?!? Either way, if you keep it up, "We'll have the nicest Wiki on this side of the gem sea!" ;) Fnaticlyric560 (talk) 14:49, 19 October 2021 (UTC)
Skull Cavern shaft chance
Would you be able to add a code reference for your recent edit to the Skull Cavern page, referring to the 20% chance for a shaft to spawn, and the lack of luck in the equation? It would be most appreciated! Thank you, margotbean (talk) 18:21, 8 November 2021 (UTC)
Animal Products Profitability
Hello Pi! My brain is fried, and I have a request. A user added some trivia about profitability to the Dinosaur Mayonnaise page, which I deleted because all the analysis is on the Animal Products Profitability page. I commented that we should probably add a link to that page on all affected animal products' pages, but I can't think of the best way. What I've come up with is:
- Add a link at the top of the page saying "See also: Animal Products Profitability"
- Add a "See Also" heading towards the bottom of the page and add the link there
- Add an "Artisan Goods" section to the pages and link Animal Products Profitability there (this doesn't make sense for artisan goods like Mayonnaise, but does for Eggs, milk, etc.)
I don't love any of them, but maybe having the link somewhere is better than nowhere.
- Hello! I think the best option would be to put the link at the top of each page about the Animal Products Profitability page, unless it is already linked elsewhere on a page (like with the Dinosaur Egg page). Less people would notice the link if it was at the bottom of the page, so I don't think it should go there. We could technically also add an "Artisan Goods" section to each page that doesn't have it but that would require more effort (since we would also have to standardize the format with other artisan good pages to make the pages read the same). If you are okay with having the links at the top of the page, I would say we should do that. User314159 (talk) 18:48, 8 July 2022 (UTC)