Talk:Stardew Valley Wiki
|This talk page is for discussing Stardew Valley Wiki.|
Some missing things
I'm bringing over some open discussion from the CF wiki, and noting a few other things:
- The Desert Trader is missing from the Desert section. (Margot is aware of this, just posting again so there's a record of the request here).
The current iOS version is 220.127.116.11 and can be updated on the main page to reflect that. The current link out to the PS4 store page for Stardew Valley is broken, and can be updated to https://www.playstation.com/games/stardew-valley/. This link appears twice, as part of the PS4 button and in the version history list.
- The CF wiki had a line that read
A player maintained resource which anyone can edit! To get started, see [[Help:Editing]].This could be re-added before the line about how many articles the wiki has.
Before the wiki transfer, the CF wiki was using season images on the main page, which could be set on this wiki now.
- I've struck out the things listed above that have been completed, since some were resolved via discussion on other talk pages. - Odin (talk) 04:29, 15 March 2021 (UTC)
- Well, technically, it's not this page but the Mainmenu template that needs to be updated. The menu has gotten a little unbalanced, so I suggest the following layout.
- First group: Basics, The Farm, Environment, Gameplay
- Second group: Items split over all four columns.
- Third group: Locations split over all four columns. The first three columns would still be called The Valley; the fourth column would contain The Desert and Ginger Island and be called Other Locations or something, since they're not actually in Stardew Valley proper.
- The pages are edit-protected for good reason, but I could mock something up if TPTB are interested. Zendowolf (talk) 06:54, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
- A mockup would definitely help. Keep in mind that all 12 languages would need to be changed, so it would have to wait until other more pressing bugs are fixed! But even-ing it out is a great idea, if all columns are the same length that would be a bonus. margotbean (talk) 17:43, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
My ginger island is glitched
- This is a known bug on consoles, and should be fixed soon. margotbean (talk) 17:41, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
New 1.5 update for IOS?
Has anyone heard anything of the big update for IOS?
- The update is in the works for mobile, but no release date yet. You can follow https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/ to know when it's available (or check his twitter feed right from the main page of the wiki). I do want to mention that talk/discussion pages are for discussing that wiki page, so while there's not really a place on the wiki to discuss the game more generally, you can do that on the forums, the discord server, or the subreddit. All are great places to talk about the game or ask questions. - Odin (talk) 00:00, 23 February 2021 (UTC)
Old talk pages
- The stardewcommunity wiki has/had many talk pages, should they be copied over in some way or disregarded? Gogbog (talk) 10:19, 25 February 2021 (UTC)
I think we should change the images for the friendship and marriage links in the gameplay section. My thoughts are to put the heart for friendship and an image of the mermaid's pendant for marriage. PrismaticGlasses (talk) 22:41, 20 May 2021 (UTC)
So apparently I found a new Vincent dialogue. (I checked on his wiki page to make sure) Both he and I were on the beach on he first of summer year 2. I decided to talk to him. He said this: "I'm glad Dad's back... but he's different than I remember..." I'm not sure if this is specific to this time of the year or if he says this at different times as well. Also it might have to do with heart relationship levels with Vincent because I currently at the moment have a 4 heart relationship with him. All's I know is that its unique and not on his wiki page. If anyone can find out more details about this then we can decide on where it should go on the wiki page. For now though, we all can review this. (Yes I made a Stardew Valley Wiki account just for this and maybe something else in the future idk) Stardew Gamer (talk) 18:09, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hello StardewGamer, and welcome to the wiki! That quote is actually not new, I found it in the data files for v1.4 and v1.5. I've added it to Vincent's page. In the future, you can post questions or observations about Vincent on his specific talk page (it's ok to create a new talk page if it doesn't exist yet). This page is really for issues/comments/questions about the main page of the wiki. Again, welcome, and thanks for the addition to Vincent's quotes. margotbean (talk) 18:22, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
- Oh ok. I wasn't aware of this because yes I am new to being a wiki user. (I have used the wiki here to look things up before. But I don't necessarily see that as being a user) So basically I have used the wiki before but not actually with an account. I will use the info you have provided me with in the future. Stardew Gamer (talk) 18:46, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
User TAN0039 making mass deletion
I created an account just today because i noticed the user TAN0039 making a ton of mass article deletions and wasn't sure how best to bring attention to this, so I'm posting here about it. Crabwithaknife (talk) 23:13, 9 June 2021 (UTC)
Is posting our hosted farm codes allowed?
- There's a dedicated discord server for that, called "multiplayer-lfg" margotbean (talk) 18:03, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
How do I contribute to the Stardew valley wiki?
- Hi, welcome to the wiki! You can read Help:Editing to learn how to make a contribution. There are some difference between this wiki and wikipedia, but they are both powered by mediawiki. So the guides from wikipedia are also useful. Have fun here! Horizon98 (talk) 10:53, 26 June 2021 (UTC)