|This talk page is for discussing The Mines.|
The Galaxy Soul article states that during "dangerous mines" quests (Qi) unspecified enemies may drop that item. This article does not list the item, even in the Special Items subsection. It does not say whether or not it would also be a potential drop when a quest is not active but the "dangerous mines" toggle is set by the Shrine of Challenge. Giles (talk) 17:48, 13 April 2021 (UTC)
Pages are all lacking speed info (except for Dangerous Squid Kid - thank you Snakebeast for updating that!).
The relevant code is probably StardewValley.Monsters.Monster::BuffForAdditionalDifficulty. In this function/method, damage, HP, and defense are buffed, but there is no equation to change speed. So, it is likely that all dangerous monsters have the same speed as their normal counterparts, unless the monster has a specific entry in the data file Monsters.xnb.
- So it's same speed as the "weaker" version in every case? Botautal (talk) 22:06, 4 July 2021 (UTC)
- All pages should be updated now (most/many already were...). - Botautal (talk) 22:38, 4 July 2021 (UTC)
- Some monsters have no weaker version (like the Blue Squid), and some have their own entry in Monsters.xnb, like the Royal Serpent. The Skeleton Mage has a weaker counterpart that is unimplemented, but the speed should be what is in the data file. Other than those exceptions, all dangerous monsters should have the same speed as the weaker counterpart.
- Thanks for updating the pages, I appreciate it!! margotbean (talk) 03:00, 5 July 2021 (UTC)
- That sounds like a great idea for a separate page. I wouldn't want to see a second table of "Floors" for example, on the main page, but it would work as its own page. margotbean (talk) 16:09, 30 October 2021 (UTC)