The Spirit's Eve festival takes place on the 27th of Fall every year. You enter the festival by entering Pelican Town between 10pm and 11:50pm. When you leave the festival, you will be returned to The Farm at 12am.
The festival features a maze where it is possible to obtain the Golden Pumpkin. Pierre has set up a shopping booth where the player can purchase festive items including a rarecrow, a Jack-O-Lantern, and the Jack-O-Lantern recipe.
The maze is located to the north of Pierre's festive shop. The maze has few dead ends and progresses in a nearly linear fashion. The player has as much time as needed to navigate to the finish. Towards the end of the maze, in the northwest corner of the map, the player must walk through a block of hedge to the left of a wooden sign with a question mark. Once through, the player must go north through an open cavern and continue east to get to the Golden Pumpkin. According to townsfolk rumours, the maze was supposedly created by the Wizard.
Unlike many other events, there are no contests or challenges to finish, apart from completing the maze. Leaving Pelican Town ends the festival and returns you to The Farm at midnight.
The haunted maze is set up by M. Rasmodius, the Wizard. The villagers say he was so committed to creating a frightening maze that it took him all day to set it up. The Wizard cannot be reached, but in the game's data files he has dialog that says "The affairs of mundane folk matter little to me, but the elementals like a chance to see you up close. It was for them that I created this silly maze." Linus, who stands at the Wizard's side, only says "Good show, old friend."
A large majority of the townspeople are either frightened or confused by the maze (especially Abigail, who can't continue due to her fear of spiders). Jodi does not allow Vincent to go in the maze because it is "too scary for children".
Surviving the Haunted Maze
Like all mazes, the "keep going left" mentality is present here. Just keep on going left; it isn't a huge maze. It may be worth it to stop and talk to the characters, as some of the dialogue can be amusing.
The trick to reaching the end is to take the secret passage, which begins just underneath and to the left of the "?" signpost, and then continues to the right inside the cave to the North. It weaves to the left and right, which requires a little bit of blind navigation. Wearing a ring which provides light, such as the Glow Ring, will allow you to track your movement more easily. You will exit down into the treasure section of the maze.
Pierre has a booth from which he sells the following items:
|Jack-O-Lantern (5)||A whimsical fall decoration.||750g|
|Jack-O-Lantern Recipe||Blueprints for crafting a Jack-O-Lantern||2,000g|
|Rarecrow (1)||Collect them all! (2 of 8)||5,000g|
|Grave Stone||A decorative piece for your farm.||350g|
|Funky Rug||Can be placed inside your house.||4,000g|
- The inaccessible area at the right of town contains the Abandoned House instead of the Joja Warehouse. This can only be seen by opening the festival map in a map editor.
- The top right of the maze contains a hut on chickens legs, a reference to the Slavic folklore character Baba Yaga. The path leading to the hut has three pairs of disembodied hands, a reference to the Russian fairy-tale Vasilisa the Beautiful, which features Baba Yaga.
- A transparent dialogue bubble can be seen above the Wizard or Linus while the player is directly below them in the underground portion of the maze. Clicking on either character won't produce a dialogue, but the dialogue can be found in the game's data files.
- Both Abigail and Sebastian have dialog that refer to the festival as "Halloween" if playing the game in English.
- Abigail (Fall 26): "Will I see you tomorrow at the halloween festival? Look for me in the haunted maze."
- Sebastian (Fall 20): "Are you looking forward to the halloween festival? It's probably my favorite."
- Sebastian (Fall 26): "The halloween festival is tomorrow. I really hope they have those skeletons on display again this year. I almost feel like they're my friends at this point."
- If you enter town while holding a torch, you will retain the torch's glow while no longer holding the torch.
- In the same square area as the question mark sign, in the bottom right corner there is another bush passageway, leading to the rest of the maze.
- 1.3: Added Grave Stone to Pierre's shop. Golden Pumpkin is now a universally loved gift.
- 1.4: Passing out from low health on Spirit's Eve day no longer causes the player to be stuck inside Harvey's Clinic until the festival starts. Fixed bug where NPCs would follow non-festival schedules after the festival.
|Spring||Egg Festival • Flower Dance|
|Summer||Luau • Dance of the Moonlight Jellies|
|Fall||Stardew Valley Fair • Spirit's Eve|
|Winter||Festival of Ice • Night Market • Feast of the Winter Star|