The Spirit's Eve festival takes place on the 27th of Fall every year. The player enters the festival by entering Pelican Town between 10:00 pm and 11:50 pm (note that at 11:50 pm it is too late to enter). When the player leaves the festival, they will be returned to The Farm at 12:00 am.
The festival features a maze where the Golden Pumpkin can be obtained. According to townsfolk rumours, the maze was supposedly created by the Wizard. Pierre has a shopping booth where the player can purchase festive items including a rarecrow, a Jack-O-Lantern, and the Jack-O-Lantern recipe.
The haunted maze was supposedly set up by M. Rasmodius, the Wizard. The villagers say he was so committed to creating a frightening maze that it took him all day to set it up.
A large majority of the townspeople are either frightened or confused by the maze (especially Abigail, who can't continue because she cannot walk past spiders). Jodi does not allow Vincent to go in the maze because it is "too scary for children".
Surviving the Haunted Maze
Like all mazes, the "keep going left" mentality is present here. Just keep on going left; it isn't a huge maze. It may be worth it to stop and talk to the characters, as some of the dialogue can be amusing.
The trick to reaching the end is to take the secret passage, which begins just underneath and to the left of the "?" signpost, and then continues to the right inside the cave to the North. It weaves to the left and right, which requires a little bit of blind navigation. Wearing a ring which provides light, such as the Glow Ring, will allow the player to track their movement more easily. They will exit down into the treasure section of the maze. Inside the treasure chest is a Golden Pumpkin.
Pierre has a booth from which he sells the following items:
|Jack-O-Lantern (5)||A whimsical fall decoration.||750g|
|Jack-O-Lantern Recipe||A recipe to make Jack-O-Lantern||2,000g|
|Rarecrow #2 (1)||Collect them all! (2 of 8)||5,000g|
|Grave Stone||A decorative piece for your farm.||350g|
|Funky Rug||Can be placed inside your house.||4,000g|
- The inaccessible area at the right of town contains the Abandoned House instead of the Joja Warehouse. This can only be seen by opening the festival map in a map editor.
- The top right of the maze contains a hut on chickens legs, a reference to the Slavic folklore character Baba Yaga. The path leading to the hut has three pairs of disembodied hands, a reference to the Russian fairy-tale Vasilisa the Beautiful, which features Baba Yaga.
- A transparent dialogue bubble can be seen above the Wizard or Linus while the player is directly below them in the underground portion of the maze. Clicking on either character won't produce a dialogue, but the dialogue can be found in the game's data files.
- A transparent dialogue bubble can be seen above the two caged skeletons that is too far away to click. They have no special dialogue, so would use the default dialogue "Hi." if the player could reach them.
- Both Abigail and Sebastian have dialog that refer to the festival as "Halloween" if playing the game in English.
- Abigail (Fall 26): "Will I see you tomorrow at the halloween festival? Look for me in the haunted maze."
- Sebastian (Fall 20): "Are you looking forward to the halloween festival? It's probably my favorite."
- Sebastian (Fall 26): "The halloween festival is tomorrow. I really hope they have those skeletons on display again this year. I almost feel like they're my friends at this point."
- Gus refers to pumpkins as fruits. Despite not being classified as such in-game and in popular usage due to their taste, this is botantically accurate and pumpkins are classified as a pepo or hard-rinded berry, due to the fact that pumpkins grow from flowers.
- The television set featured in the eastern quadrant of the maze primarily displays static, but briefly flickers an image of a green creature.
- If the player enters town while holding a torch, they will retain the torch's glow while no longer holding the torch.
- In the same square area as the question mark sign, in the bottom right corner there is another bush passageway, leading to the rest of the maze.
- 1.3.27: Added Grave Stone to Pierre's shop. Golden Pumpkin is now a universally loved gift.
- 1.4: Passing out from low health on Spirit's Eve day no longer causes the player to be stuck inside Harvey's Clinic until the festival starts. Fixed bug where NPCs would follow non-festival schedules after the festival.
|Spring||Egg Festival • Flower Dance|
|Summer||Luau • Dance of the Moonlight Jellies|
|Fall||Stardew Valley Fair • Spirit's Eve|
|Winter||Festival of Ice • Night Market • Feast of the Winter Star|