|Lives In:||Pelican Town|
|Address:||Pierre's General Store|
|Best Gifts:||Amethyst Blackberry Cobbler Chocolate Cake Pufferfish Pumpkin Spicy Eel|
- 1 Schedule
- 2 Relationships
- 3 Gifts
- 4 Heart Events
- 5 Marriage
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Quests
- 8 Portraits
- 9 Timeline
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Trivia
- 12 History
- 13 References
|“||“Abigail lives at the general store with her parents. She sometimes fights with her mom, who worries about Abigail’s “alternative lifestyle”. Her mom has the following to say: “I wish Abby would dress more appropriately and stop dyeing her hair blue. She has such a wonderful natural hair color, just like her grandmother did. Oh, and I wish she’d find some wholesome interests instead of this occult nonsense she’s into.” You might find Abigail alone in the graveyard, or maybe out in a rainstorm looking for frogs.”|
|— Dev Update #12|
On Sunny days during Spring/Summer/Fall she'll often be standing on the bridge at the river east of Pierre's General Store. On the 4th of Spring, she has an appointment at the clinic. Note: During rainy days she may not be at the places mentioned below.
Rainy Day (Option 1)
Rainy Day (Option 2)
6th or 16th of any Season
4th of Spring
11th & 25th (When you have less than 6 hearts with Sebastian)
11th & 25th of any season (When you have more than 6 hearts with Abigail)
You can give Abigail up to two gifts per week (plus one on
birthday), which will raise or lower
friendship with you. Gifts on
birthday (Fall 13) will have 8× effect and show a unique dialogue.
For loved or liked gifts, Abigail will say
|“||“You remembered my birthday? I'm impressed. Thanks.”|
|“||“Oh, is it my birthday today? I guess it is. Thanks. This is nice.”|
For neutral gifts, Abigail will say
|“||“For my birthday? Thanks.”|
For disliked or hated gifts, Abigail will say
|“||“It's my birthday and you give me this? Is this some kind of joke?”|
|“||“I seriously love this! You're the best, (Name)!”|
|Amethyst||A purple variant of quartz.||Mining|
|Blackberry Cobbler||There's nothing quite like it.||Cooking||Blackberry (2) Sugar (1) Wheat Flour (1)|
|Chocolate Cake||Rich and moist with a thick fudge icing.||Cooking||Wheat Flour (1) Sugar (1) Egg (1)|
|Pufferfish||Inflates when threatened.||Fishing|
|Pumpkin||A fall favorite, grown for its crunchy seeds and delicately flavored flesh. As a bonus, the hollow shell can be carved into a festive decoration.||Farming|
|Spicy Eel||It's really spicy! Be careful.||Cooking||Eel (1) Hot Pepper (1)|
|“||“Hey, how'd you know I was hungry? This looks delicious!”|
|Quartz||A clear crystal commonly found in caves and mines.||Foraging - The Mines|
|“||“You brought me a present? Thanks.”|
|Chanterelle||A tasty mushroom with a fruity smell and slightly peppery flavor.||Foraging - Fall|
|Common Mushroom||Slightly nutty, with a good texture||Foraging - Fall|
|Daffodil||A traditional spring flower that makes a nice gift.||Foraging - Spring|
|Dandelion||Not the prettiest flower, but the leaves make a good salad.||Foraging - Spring|
|Hazelnut||That's one big hazelnut!||Foraging - Fall|
|Leek||A tasty relative of the onion.||Foraging - Spring|
|Morel||Sought after for its unique nutty flavor.||Foraging - Fall|
|Purple Mushroom||A rare mushroom found deep in caves.||Foraging - The Mines|
|Snow Yam||This little yam was hiding beneath the snow.||Foraging - Winter|
|Winter Root||A starchy tuber.||Foraging - Winter|
|“||“What am I supposed to do with this?”|
|Sugar||Adds sweetness to pastries and candies. Too much can be unhealthy.||Pierre's General Store, Mill|
|Wild Horseradish||A spicy root found in the spring.||Foraging - Spring|
|“||“What were you thinking? This is awful!”|
|Clay||Used in crafting and construction.||Foraging - Hoe|
|Holly||The leaves and bright red berries make a popular winter decoration.||Foraging - Winter|
Enter Pierre's General Store when Abigail is there, any day except Saturday.
|You enter Abigail's room and watch her get angry about a videogame. She asks for your help, and you play the console version of Journey of the Prairie King together. (This is just like the arcade version in The Stardrop Saloon, except that Abigail plays a second character and actively helps you, note that she will die a few times which depletes your life too, so remember to pick up those extra lives.) When you finish the level, she thanks you and the cutscene ends. If you fail, however, she will still thank you for trying.|
Visit the mountain between noon and 7pm on a rainy day, any season except Winter.
| You see Abigail playing her flute. She asks what you're doing out in the rain.
Regardless of your response, she invites you to stand under the tree with her. You pull out a harp and you play a duet as the camera pans out over the lake.
| Abigail is in the graveyard. She tells you that she's been practicing with her sword because she wants to go on adventures. She asks if you've ever used a sword.
Pierre arrives and interrupts to say that Caroline wants her to come help cook dinner. Abigail gets angry, saying they only expect her to help cook because she's a girl. She flees, calling for you to follow. You both hide in some bushes and talk.
After receiving a letter from Abigail, enter Pierre's General Store between 8pm and 10pm when she's there.
|Abigail sends you a letter (signed "Abby") inviting you to visit her in her room. When you arrive, Abigail shows you her spirit board. It reveals a message that indicates she's starting to develop feelings for you. She gets embarrassed and rushes you out of her room. The next day she visits you in the morning and apologizes.|
| Abigail is preparing to go down the ladder into the mine when she's startled by a bat flying up into her face. She laughs it off and looks back down the hole. Hundreds more bats fly up and she's terrified, running to cower in the corner of the cave. You rush in to comfort her.
She tells you that maybe she isn't as tough as she thought.
She confesses that she likes you as more than a friend, and asks you to stay with her there. She kisses you. If your character is a girl, she will also state that she didn't know she liked other girls until she met you.
The wedding will take place 3 days after you propose and be handled by Abigail. The marriage ceremony takes place in the center of Pelican Town with every member of the town attending the event. Once the ceremony is complete, she will move into your farm. A miniature version of her room will be placed in the right side of the farmhouse. She'll also have a small area behind the house where she'll sometimes go to practice her flute.
Abigail exhibits 5 notable behaviors once married.
- 1: Taking care of tasks for you
- Watering most or all crops on your farm (only in spring, summer, and fall)
- Repairing broken fences
- Feeding all animals
- Watering your dog's/cat's bowl
- 2: Cooking breakfast, adding one random breakfast food to your inventory. If inventory is full, you will not receive a breakfast item.
- Crab Cakes (+225 energy, +90 health)
- Omelet (+100 energy, +40 health)
- Pancakes (+100 energy, +40 health)
- Fried Egg (+50 energy, +20 health)
- Bread (+50 energy, +20 health)
- Fried Mushroom (+135 energy, +54 health, +2 combat)
- Cherry Bomb (in addition to cooking, she will occasionally give you a cherry bomb instead of food)
- Bomb (in addition to cooking, she will rarely give you a bomb instead of food)
- Possibly more
- 3: Cooking Dinner, adding one random dinner food to your inventory. If inventory is full, you will not receive a dinner item.
- 4: Giving a stardrop as a symbol of love
- Get your spouse to 13/12 hearts and speak to them in your home. She will comment about life on the farm and how they are enjoying it, then give you the Stardrop Fruit as thanks.
- 5: "Going Adventuring"
- She'll mention that she woke up early and went adventuring, she will give you loot from a monster (Eg: Bat Wing)
If you give a gift to any villager eligible for marriage, she may confront you:
1: "I heard you secretly gave [character] a present today..."
2: "Should I be worried?"
Abigail has new dialogue once married. To name a few:
- Asking player how their day was
- Telling player not to over exhaust self on farm chores
- Cheering player on during farm chores
Unique dialogue is also added. If giving a gift to a single person in town, she becomes suspicious. Sometimes during events, when talking to her, she will inform the player that she will not talk to any guys (or girls if in a same-sex marriage), so you don't have to worry.
"The valley looks more interesting in the rain...don't you think?"
"I'm not in a good mood right now."
"Oh that's right...I heard someone new was moving onto that old farm." ... "It's kind of a shame, really. I always enjoyed exploring those overgrown fields by myself."
"(Name), What do you think happens to us after we die?"
"I made these two drawings. What do you think?"
Festivals At the Egg Festival, she will always win the egg hunt unless the player gets 9 or more eggs.
At the Stardew Valley Fair, she will say; “I beat all the games... now what?”
At the Feast of the Winter Star, She says; "Nothing like a piping hot feast on a cold winter's day, huh?"
- Abigail may randomly request an item at the "Help Wanted" board outside Pierre's General Store. The reward is 3x the item's base value and 150 Friendship points.
Abigail's look evolved over the years the game was in development. Here's a timeline showing how ConcernedApe's art and Abigail's style changed over the years before the game was launched.
- When Abigail was first revealed during early development she was depicted with dyed blue hair. This was later changed to purple.
- "Abigail" is a female given name of Hebrew origin, meaning "my father's joy."
- Abigail wishes she had a cat but her Dad is allergic to pretty much everything.
- Giving her something she likes will result in her implying that she is going to eat the gift, regardless of what it is. This includes quartz, an item that ranks at a seven on the Mohs hardness scale - this is tougher than iron, but not as tough as hardened steel.
- Despite loving Pumpkins and playing the flute, she hates being given the Golden Pumpkin and Bone Flute as gifts.
- Abigail has a pet Guinea Pig named David Jr. that moves into the farmhouse if the player marries her.
- Despite loving Blackberry Cobbler, she dislikes blackberries.
- After a sufficient relationship is built up, Pierre will confess that he worries that Abigail is not his biological daughter. Later, the Wizard will mention that he has reason to believe one of the townsfolk is his daughter. At one point Caroline will mention that she used to take secret walks to the Wizard’s tower.
- Abigail also has purple hair, like the Wizard, though Caroline says that Abigail had chestnut brown hair before she dyed it.
- Caroline wonders where she could have gotten her interest in the occult from (wizard?).
- Abigail has a poster of Crono hanging above her TV; Crono is a character from the Super Nintendo game "Chrono Trigger."
- Abigail's video game console looks like a Super Nintendo.
- If Abigail is neglected (not receiving any gifts or kisses from the player) for a period of time after marriage, she will wonder if she should have married Sebastian instead of the player.
- Abigail's 4-heart cutscene shows that The Player knows how to play a harp.
- Abigail mentions that the player owns an electric blanket, if married to her.
- If married, Abigail mentions that she can't remember the last time she dyed her hair and that it never fades from its current color.
|Bachelors||Alex • Elliott • Harvey • Sam • Sebastian • Shane|
|Bachelorettes||Abigail • Emily • Haley • Leah • Maru • Penny|
|Townspeople||Caroline • Clint • Demetrius • Evelyn • George • Gil • Gunther • Gus • Jas • Jodi • Kent • Lewis • Linus • Marlon • Marnie • Morris • Pam • Pierre • Robin • Vincent • Willy|
|Other||Bouncer • Dwarf • Governor • Grandpa • Henchman • Junimos • Krobus • Mr. Qi • Old Mariner • Sandy • Wizard|