|Lives In:||The Sewers|
|Best Gifts:||Diamond Iridium Bar Pumpkin Void Egg Void Mayonnaise Wild Horseradish|
|“||“...Have you encountered others like me, in the mines? I'm sorry if they were hostile towards you. You see, we've learned to fear humans... there have been too many... unpleasant encounters.”|
Krobus can always be found in the sewers.
Krobus' Shop is open all hours every day, even festival days.
Krobus always sells the Sign Of The Vessel statue, the Monster Fireplace, Void Eggs, Void Essence, and Solar Essence. A Stardrop, Crystal Floor Recipe, Wicked Statue Recipe, and Return Scepter are also available every day until purchased.
A different item of specific quantity will be available for purchase every day:
- Monday - Slime (x50)
- Tuesday - Omni Geode (x1)
- Wednesday - A Fish drawn from a random subset of fish or a Magnet. Each item has a 1/11 chance to appear. (x5)
- Thursday - Mixed Seeds (x10)
- Friday - Iridium Sprinkler (x1)
- Saturday - One cooked dish chosen from a random subset of cooked dishes at a random price between 50g -500g. Bread has a 2/51 chance to appear, the other items have a 1/51 chance to appear. (x5)
- Sunday - Bat Wing (x1)
|Void Egg||A jet-black egg with red flecks. It's warm to the touch.||Every day||Unlimited||5,000g|
|Void Essence||It's quivering with dark energy.||Every day||10||100g|
|Solar Essence||The glowing face is warm to the touch.||Every day||10||80g|
|Sign Of The Vessel||A decorative piece for your farm.||Every day||Unlimited||350g|
|Monster Fireplace||Can be placed inside your house.||Every day||Unlimited||20,000g|
|Slime||A shimmering, gelatinous glob with no smell.||Monday||50||10g|
|Omni Geode||A blacksmith can break this open for you. These geodes contain a wide variety of Minerals.||Tuesday||1||300g|
|Fish or Magnet||Wednesday||5||200g|
|Mixed Seeds||There's a little bit of everything here. Plant them and see what grows!||Thursday||10||30g|
|Iridium Sprinkler||Waters the 24 adjacent tiles every morning.||Friday||1||10,000g|
|Bat Wing||The material is surprisingly delicate.||Sunday||10||30g|
|Stardrop||A mysterious fruit that empowers those who eat it. The flavor is like a dream... a powerful personal experience, yet difficult to describe to others.||Every day (until purchased)||1||20,000g|
||Crystal Floor Recipe||Blueprints for crafting Crystal Floor||Every day (until purchased)||1||500g|
||Wicked Statue Recipe||Blueprints for crafting Wicked Statue||Every day (until purchased)||1||1,000g|
|Return Scepter||The golden handle quivers with raw potential. Hold this scepter to the sky and return home at will.||Every day (until purchased)||1||2,000,000g|
Exiting Krobus' shop menu and re-opening it allows the player to purchase multiple items that are intended to be "one per day" only (e.g., Omni Geodes, Iridium Sprinklers).
Krobus is a shadow brute and, although he isn't hostile, still refers to other monsters as "his friends". He lives in the sewers and normally isn't seen outside interacting with other villagers. He dislikes dwarves, stating that a 1,000 year war between the dwarves and his people recently ended. He believes if the dwarves knew where he was, they'd send an assassin.
You can give Krobus up to two gifts per week (plus one on
birthday), which will raise or lower
friendship with you. Gifts on
birthday (Winter 1) will have 8× effect and show a unique dialogue.
For loved or liked gifts, Krobus will say
|“||“A birthday gift? That's very kind of you! I love it.”|
|“||“You remembered my birthday! Thank you, this is great!”|
For neutral gifts, Krobus will say
|“||“Oh, a birthday gift! Thank you.”|
For disliked or hated gifts, Krobus will say
|“||“Oh... It's for my birthday? ... Thanks.”|
|“||“This is an amazing gift. For my people it is a great honor to receive something like this.”|
|Diamond||A rare and valuable gem.||Mining|
|Iridium Bar||A bar of pure iridium.||Furnace|
|Pumpkin||A fall favorite, grown for its crunchy seeds and delicately flavored flesh. As a bonus, the hollow shell can be carved into a festive decoration.||Farming - Fall|
|Void Egg||A jet-black egg with red flecks. It's warm to the touch.||Void Chicken|
|Void Mayonnaise||A thick, black paste that smells like burnt hair.||Mayonnaise Machine|
|Wild Horseradish||A spicy root found in the spring.||Foraging - Spring|
|“||“Thank you very much.”|
|Gold Bar||A bar of pure gold.||Furnace|
|Quartz||A clear crystal commonly found in caves and mines.||Foraging - The Mines|
|“||“Humans have... interesting tastes.”|
|Chanterelle||A tasty mushroom with a fruity smell and slightly peppery flavor.||Foraging - Fall|
|Common Mushroom||Slightly nutty, with good texture.||Foraging - Fall|
|Daffodil||A traditional spring flower that makes a nice gift.||Foraging - Spring|
|Dandelion||Not the prettiest flower, but the leaves make a good salad.||Foraging - Spring|
|Hazelnut||That's one big hazelnut!||Foraging - Fall|
|Holly||The leaves and bright red berries make a popular winter decoration.||Foraging - Winter|
|Leek||A tasty relative of the onion.||Foraging - Spring|
|Life Elixir||Restores health to full.||Crafting|
|Morel||Sought after for its unique nutty flavor.||Foraging - Fall|
|Purple Mushroom||A rare mushroom found deep in caves.||Foraging - The Mines|
|Salmonberry||A spring-time berry with the flavor of the forest.||Foraging - Spring|
|Snow Yam||This little yam was hiding beneath the snow.||Foraging - Winter|
|Winter Root||A starchy tuber.||Foraging - Winter|
|“||“Oh... Um. I guess I'll accept it.”|
- Dark Talisman: After the Wizard requests his Magic Ink, the player must talk to Krobus, who will open the force field blocking the passage to the Mutant Bug Lair, where the talisman can be found.
- "A Winter Mystery": Sent by mail the day after triggering a cutscene by entering the Bus Stop from the Farm during Winter between 6am and 4pm. To complete the quest, interact with a bush to the left of the Community Center in the north of Pelican Town. A cutscene ensues, during which a "Shadow Guy" (who is most likely Krobus) gives the player a Magnifying Glass. This allows the player to collect Secret Notes.
- Krobus states that his name means "bridge-crosser" in his language.
- Krobus hates being gifted a Strange Bun, despite Shadow Brutes in the mines dropping them.
- Krobus could be considered the only "friendly" monster in the game.
- Krobus states that he remains silent on Fridays out of respect for Yoba. (A minor bug causes his 'rainy day' dialogue to override the '...' dialogue he normally has on Fridays, however.)
- Krobus' Tuesday dialogue changed from "I am too sensitive to sunlight to go out during the day." to "I am too sensitive to sunlight to go out on most days." with v1.3. This change is most likely due to the addition of the "A Winter Mystery" Quest, in which a "Shadow Guy" is seen outdoors during Winter.
- 1.0: Introduced.
- 1.1: Now sells Return Scepter and Void Eggs and offers progress in the Dark Talisman quest.
- 1.3: Added Sign Of The Vessel and Monster Fireplace to shop stock. Added "A Winter Mystery" quest. Changed Tuesday dialogue.
|Bachelors||Alex • Elliott • Harvey • Sam • Sebastian • Shane|
|Bachelorettes||Abigail • Emily • Haley • Leah • Maru • Penny|
|Townspeople||Caroline • Clint • Demetrius • Evelyn • George • Gil • Gunther • Gus • Jas • Jodi • Kent • Lewis • Linus • Marlon • Marnie • Morris • Pam • Pierre • Robin • Vincent • Willy|
|Other||Bouncer • Dwarf • Governor • Grandpa • Henchman • Junimos • Krobus • Mr. Qi • Old Mariner • Sandy • Wizard|