||10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Bus Stop is the area you first arrive at in the game. The bus is broken down after you arrive and remains so until repaired by the Junimos after purchasing all of the Vault Bundles for a total of 42,500g or by purchasing the Bus repair for 40,000g from the Joja Community Development Form.
Pam becomes the Bus Driver once the bus is repaired. She arrives at the Bus Stop at 10:10am and will leave at 5:00pm every day, and tickets are only available for purchase during this time. Tickets can be purchased for 500g at the machine to the left of the bus during the hours that Pam is present.
It is possible to get the bus earlier than 10am by waiting for Pam outside her trailer at 8.30am and standing in her way. Once she walks through The Player, she will walk significantly faster than usual and reach the bus stop at 9:40am, and a ticket can be purchased as soon as she arrives. Purchasing a ticket at the machine triggers the bus to take The Player to the Calico Desert. Tickets include the return trip from the Desert to the Bus Stop.
It is not possible to take the bus to the Desert on Spring 25, due to Pam's appointment at Harvey's Clinic. You can use a Warp Totem: Desert or the Desert Obelisk to travel to the Desert.
If you leave your horse by the bus stop, when you return from the desert a message will appear on-screen saying "Your loyal horse waits patiently for your return." or "[Horse's name] is wondering where you have been."
The "Bus People" map area is an unused part of the game's introduction. The player was in control at this point, and could move around and interact with people and objects on the bus. This scene was removed from the game before its initial release, but some of the data related to this scene can still be found in the game's files.
The source code file Content\Strings\StringsFromCSFiles.xnb contains messages that would have been displayed when the player interacted with the various elements of this scene.
- (Pet cage next to old lady?) - "It doesn't look too happy in there..."
- (Bathroom Door?) - "Occupied"
- (Bus door?) - "The bus hasn't arrived yet..."
- Haley - "Oooo... My feet hurt from all that shopping. Hey. Could you ask the driver how long it'll be until we get to Stardew?"
- Haley (2) - "...well?"
- Man in Red Shirt - "Moustached Man: Don't worry, friend. I've got my eyes peeled for the valley."
- Old Lady - "Old Lady: You're liable to hurt someone, waltzing around on a moving bus!"
- Old Lady (2) - "Old Lady: Ah well, if my knees weren't so stiff I'd probably do the same. Hehee."
- Newspaper Man's Bag - "Man: Get your claws off my bag."
- Newspaper Man's Bag (2) - "Man: ...Did you hear me, kid? Scram!"
- Newspaper Man's Bag (3) - "Man: What are you, some kind of bum?"
- Newspaper Man's Bag (4) - "Man: ...*Sigh*... Kids these days..."
- Newspaper Man's Bag (5) - "Man: For the love of Yoba, get your filthy paws off my designer bag!"
- Newspaper Man's Bag (6) - "Man: That bag costs more than you'll make in ten years!"
- Newspaper Man's Bag (7) - "Man: Arghh!! Take this and leave me alone, you hooligan!" (followed by) "Received 1g."
- Newspaper Man's Bag (8) - "Man: ..."
- Skater Kid (player is male) - "...No response."
- Skater Kid (player is male, 2) - "Kid: 'Sup?"
- Skater Kid (player is female) - "Kid: 'Sup?"
- Skateboard (player is male) - "Kid: Dude, don't touch my board."
- Woman by child - "Lady: We just got back from the Zuzu City fun park... didn't we Simon?" (followed by) "Simon: *babble*... *slurp*"
- Woman by child (2) - "Lady: He's shy around strangers."
- Empty Seat - "Found 20g under the seat!"
- Girl with bow - "Girl: Hi! <" [sic]
- Bus Driver before talking to Haley - "Driver: Hey, you'd better take a seat."
- Bus Driver after talking to Haley - ("Dobson" event starts)
When the player talks to the bus driver after talking to Haley, an event will start playing involving an unknown character named Dobson. It's possible that "Dobson" was later replaced with the JojaMart manager, Morris. The source code file Locations\Bus.cs contains the actions and messages that would be take place if the event were able to play out.
- "Driver: Huh? We're almost there. It should only be a few more minutes."
- (A door close sound effect plays, Dobson appears (from the bathroom?) and faces the player.)
- "Sir? Are you still there? Uh-huh... sorry to put you on hold, sir. I had some business to attend to."
- (Dobson moves) "That's right, sir... I'm on the bus right now, heading to Stardew Valley."
- (Dobson moves and faces a different direction) "I have to say, so far I've been quite unimpressed with the locals."
- (Dobson changes the direction he is looking) "They seem like a docile and unfashionable sort of people. The children look sickly, and all the young men are delinquents from what I've seen so far..."
- (Dobson moves and faces another direction (possibly at the Joja Mart sign?)) "Although, they are displaying our corporate logo, which you'll be pleased to hear, sir."
- (Dobson moves and faces another direction) "*snort* ... Yes, sir. It definitely won't be a problem to get these country rubes to sign the paperwork... We'll have that new Joja Hypermarket up and running in no time. Then maybe we can discuss that new-"
- "Moustached Man: Everyone, look!!"
- (The map tileset changes -- perhaps showing the bus coming to a stop in Stardew Valley?)
- "Moustached Man: There it is! Stardew Valley!"
- (Dobson faces the player.)
- (The scene ends.)
The bus ticket shown below was never implemented in the released version of the game. It was intended to appear in the Player's wallet. In v1.3, the bus ticket image was replaced in game files with the Magnifying Glass image.
The Bus repaired by the Junimos.
The bus stop during the summer
- After repairing the bus, Lewis will say "...did you hear? It seems the old town bus started working again overnight! That old thing has been dormant for decades... This is truly a great mystery."