- For Community Center Bundles, see Bundles.
To open the Community Center, the player must enter Pelican Town from the Bus Stop on a day when it is not raining, from Spring 5th onward, between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm. Entering town from another direction, at another time, or on a rainy day, will not trigger the cutscene.
During the cutscene, Mayor Lewis unlocks the building and leads the player inside, where strange creatures called Junimos appear and quickly disappear before Lewis can see them. Lewis says he wouldn't be surprised if the place was "full of rats". The cutscene ends with Lewis informing the player that he will leave the Community Center unlocked in the future. Viewing the cut-scene unlocks the "Rat Problem" quest.
To fulfill the "Rat Problem" quest, the player must re-enter the Community Center and interact with a Golden Scroll located in the lower left room. The scroll contains strange writing that can't be deciphered.
The morning after reading the scroll, the player will receive a letter from the Wizard saying he has information about the "rat problem" and that the player should pay him a visit. Reading this letter unlocks the "Meet the Wizard" quest. Visiting the Wizard at his tower in the west of Cindersap Forest will trigger a cutscene during which the Wizard gives the player a potion that allows the player to read the language of the Junimos.
Thereafter, all Golden Scrolls at the Community Center can be read by the player. Each scroll asks for specific offerings in the form of Bundles. Completing all the Bundles restores the Community Center.
Alternatively, if the player purchases a JojaMart membership from Morris for 5,000g, the Community Center is permanently replaced with a Joja Warehouse. Instead of completing Bundles, the player will then purchase community upgrades through the Joja Community Development Form.
Restoring the Community Center
After completing all bundles, the Junimos restore the Community Center, and say good-bye before leaving. The next sunny day after completing the last bundle, the player can attend the Community Center reopening ceremony cutscene, triggered by entering Pelican Town. The ceremony is delayed if it is raining or a festival is to be held in town. Completing the ceremony unlocks the "Local Legend" Achievement and awards the player the Stardew Hero Trophy.
|The grand opening event begins by showing the entire town at the Community Center. Everyone has balloons and is celebrating and taking a look at the refurbished Center. Inside, the mayor shows off the Center to everyone exploring it. Entering the Center, you can talk to Lewis, who will exclaim how happy he and the rest of the town is. On behalf of the whole town, he awards you with the Stardew Hero Trophy in thanks.
Soon after, a voice grumbles, and the owner of JojaMart, Morris, comes into the Center. He asks where all his customers went as he looks around the building. Angrily, Pierre walks over and asks Morris how it feels. You will have two choices to choose from in order to calm the situation or escalate it.
If you pick "Let's be reasonable."
Everyone will agree with Pierre to boycott Joja. Morris then exclaims that his business is ruined and will rush out of the Center.
If you pick "Let's settle this the old-fashioned way."
After the ceremony, JojaMart goes out of business. The building becomes abandoned and falls into disrepair. Pierre's General Store is no longer closed on Wednesdays and is open every day of the week. The Blacksmith shop is empty on Fridays, since Clint spends all day at the Community Center.
- The Junimo message in the community center translates to "We the junimo are happy to aid you. In return we ask for gifts of the valley. If you are one with forest magic then you will see the true nature of this scroll."
- A Junimo carrying a bundle into the hut might say "A gift!" or "Thank you!" in Junimo. When fetching a star, they might say "Junimo!" or "Star!".
- When a bundle is completed, a Junimo will be seen carrying the bundle into the hut. When a room is completed, the Junimo will retrieve a star from the hut and place it above the mantle, and will then follow the player around until they leave the Community Center. Clicking on this Junimo with an inventory item will cause the Junimo to jump and squeak.
- After being restored, some villagers spend time enjoying the Community Center.
- After being restored the clock on the front of the building will work again and keep pace with the in-game clock.
- If the player completes two or more bundles that unlock more golden scrolls, the cutscene that shows the scrolls unlocking will play once for each bundle completed.
- If the player completes two or more rooms on the same day, only the overnight cutscene for the last completed room will be played.
- If the player completes all bundles in a room the day before getting married, the Junimos' overnight cutscene will be skipped.
- 1.4: It is no longer possible to purchase a Joja membership after completing the Community Center.
- 1.4.3: Fixed a bug where you could collect multiple rewards from a bundle.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Desert Trader • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • Island Trader • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • Qi's Walnut Room • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Volcano Dwarf • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 2 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Island Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer • Treehouse|
|Farm Buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Fish Pond • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Desert Obelisk • Earth Obelisk • Farm Obelisk • Gold Clock • Island Obelisk • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other Buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Island Field Office • Joja Warehouse • Movie Theater • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|