- For Community Center Bundles, see Bundles.
To open the Community Center, the player must enter Pelican Town from the Bus Stop on a day when it is not raining, from Spring 5th onward, between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm. Entering town from another direction, at another time, or on a day that is rainy, will not trigger the cutscene.
During the cutscene, Mayor Lewis unlocks the building and leads the player inside, where strange creatures called Junimos appear and quickly disappear before Lewis can see them. Lewis says he wouldn't be surprised if the place was "full of rats". The cutscene ends with Lewis informing the player that he will leave the Community Center unlocked in the future. Viewing the cutscene unlocks the "Rat Problem" quest.
To fulfill the "Rat Problem" quest, the player must re-enter the Community Center and interact with a Golden Scroll located in the lower left room. The scroll contains strange writing that can't be deciphered.
The morning after reading the scroll, the player will receive a letter from the Wizard saying he has information about the "rat problem" and that the player should pay him a visit. Reading this letter unlocks the "Meet the Wizard" quest. Visiting the Wizard at his tower in the west of Cindersap Forest will trigger a cutscene during which the Wizard gives the player a potion that allows the player to read the language of the Junimos.
Thereafter, all Golden Scrolls at the Community Center can be read by the player. Each scroll asks for specific offerings in the form of Bundles. Completing all the Bundles restores the Community Center.
Alternatively, if the player purchases a JojaMart membership from Morris for 5,000g, the Community Center is replaced with a Joja Warehouse. Instead of completing Bundles, the player will then purchase community upgrades through the Joja Community Development Form.
Restoring the Community Center
Completing all bundles restores the Community Center and unlocks the "Local Legend" Achievement. The next sunny day after completing the last bundle, the player can attend the Community Center reopening ceremony cutscene, triggered by entering Pelican Town. The ceremony is delayed if it is raining or a festival is to be held in town.
|The grand opening event begins by showing the entire town at the Community Center. Everyone has balloons and is celebrating and taking a look at the refurbished Center. Inside, the mayor shows off the Center to everyone exploring it. Entering the Center, you can talk to Lewis, who will exclaim how happy he and the rest of the town is. On behalf of the whole town, he awards you with the Stardew Hero Trophy in thanks.
Soon after, a voice grumbles, and the owner of JojaMart, Morris, comes into the Center. He asks where all his customers went as he looks around the building. Angrily, Pierre walks over and asks Morris how it feels. You will have two choices to choose from in order to calm the situation or escalate it.
If you pick "Let's be reasonable."
Everyone will agree with Pierre to boycott Joja. Morris then exclaims that his business is ruined and will rush out of the Center. The screen will go dark and JojaMart will go out of business and leave town.
If you pick "Let's settle this the old-fashioned way."
- When you complete one Community Center bundle, the Junimos renovate the associated room or area.
- When you complete the last bundle, the Junimos also complete the entire Community Center renovation, then leave. In addition:
- The Junimo message in the community center translates to "We the junimo are happy to aid you. In return we ask for gifts of the valley. If you are one with forest magic then you will see the true nature of this scroll."
- Each room has a Junimo that stands in front of the plaque, disappearing when the player gets near. When a bundle is completed, the associated Junimo will be seen carrying the bundle into the hut. When a room is completed, the Junimo will retrieve a star from the hut and place it above the mantle, and will then follow the player around until they leave the Community Center.
- A Junimo carrying a bundle into the hut might say "A gift!" or "Thank you!" in Junimo. When fetching a star, they might say "Junimo!" or "Star!".
- If the player completes two different bundles on the same day, the cutscene for the second bundle that was completed will be skipped and only the cutscene from the first bundle will be played.
- If the player completes a particular bundle the day before he/she gets married, then the cutscene in which the Junimos unlock whatever was promised from said bundle will be skipped.
- After being fully restored, some villagers may visit the Community Center on Fridays to hang around for the rest of their day.
- After being restored the clock will work again and keep pace with the in-game clock.
- Strangely enough; when the player passes out after 2 AM even after JojaMart is run out of town, a Joja Mart Representative can still find you incapacitated.
- There is a room in the community center in the upper-left corner with no bundles. Once the community center is finished, it is revealed as a kitchen and a dining area. Ironically, Gus doesn't go there that much.
- It is possible for the cutscene to occur on the 28th of Summer (The Dance Of The Moonlight Jellies).
- If The Player decides to join Joja and the community center is turned into a Joja Warehouse before the community center cutscene, the cutscene will get buggy by Lewis acting like the center wasn't sold already, as well as the player and the Junimos appearing in the warehouse running into some baskets nonstop.
- In multiplayer, it's possible to get stuck if you are not the player that finished all the bundles in the completed room, the only way to get out, is to disconnect (if the host disconnects, progress will not be saved) or pass out.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer|
|Farm buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Earth Obelisk • Gold Clock • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Joja Warehouse • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|