The Community Center is located on the screen north of Pierre's General Store.
To activate the Community Center Bundles, you must trigger a cut scene with Lewis. Enter Pelican Town from the bus stop screen on a sunny day from Spring 5th onward on or between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm. If you enter town from another direction, at another time, or on a day that is not sunny, the cut scene will not trigger.
In the cut scene, Lewis leads you to the Community Center, where you will find some strange creatures called Junimos that fade in and out of existence, along with a glowing placard covered in strange writing. Once you attempt to read the placard (you won't understand it), you will receive a letter from the Wizard on the day after and be able to enter his house. Going there triggers a followup cut scene in which the Wizard talks to you about the Junimos. Consuming the Wizard's potion activates the bundles. You can then return to the Community Center to read the placards, understand them, and give the bundle offerings to the Junimos.
Alternatively, the Community Center can become the Joja Warehouse if the player chooses to purchase a membership from Morris at JojaMart. If the player does this that building will replace the community center and all unlocks are simply purchased with gold instead of bundles.
Finishing the Center
Completing all bundles renovates the entire Community Center and unlocks the "Local Legend" Achievement. The game also unlocks a cut scene that shows the grand re-opening of the Community Center and is triggered by entering Pelican Town Square at any time on another day. However, the scene is delayed to another day if it is raining or a festival is to be held in town.
The grand opening event begins by showing the entire town at the Community Center. Everyone has balloons and is celebrating and taking a look at the refurbished Center. Inside, the mayor shows off the Center to everyone exploring it. Entering the Center, you can talk to Lewis, who will exclaim how happy he and the rest of the town is. On behalf of the whole town, he awards you with the Stardew Hero Trophy in thanks.
Soon after, a voice grumbles, and the owner of JojaMart, Morris, comes into the Center. He asks where all his customers went as he looks around the building. Angrily, Pierre walks over and asks Morris how it feels. You will have two choices to choose from in order to calm the situation or escalate it.
If you pick "Let's be reasonable."
Everyone will agree with Pierre to boycott Joja. Morris then exclaims that his business is ruined and will rush out of the Center. The screen will go dark and JojaMart will go out of business and leave town.
If you pick "Let's settle this the old-fashioned way."
- When you complete one Community Center bundle, the Junimos renovate the associated room or area.
- When you complete the last bundle, the Junimos also complete the entire Community Center renovation, then leave. In addition:
- The Junimo message in the community center translates to "We the junimo are happy to aid you. In return we ask for gifts of the valley. If you are one with forest magic then you will see the true nature of this scroll."
- Each room has a Junimo that stands in front of the plaque, disappearing when the player gets near. When a bundle is completed, the associated Junimo will be seen carrying the bundle into the hut. When a room is completed, the Junimo will retrieve a star from the hut and place it above the mantle, and will then follow the player around until they leave the Community Center.
- A Junimo carrying a bundle into the hut might say "A gift!" or "Thank you!" in Junimo. When fetching a star, they might say "Junimo!" or "Star!".
- If the player completes two different bundles on the same day, the cutscene for the second bundle that was completed will be skipped and only the cutscene from the first bundle will be played.
- If the player completes a particular bundle the day before he/she gets married, then the cutscene in which the Junimos unlock whatever was promised from said bundle will be skipped.
- After being fully restored, some villagers may visit the Community Center on Fridays to hang around for the rest of their day.
- After being restored the clock will work again and keep pace with the in-game clock.
- Strangely enough; when the player passes out after 2 AM even after JojaMart is run out of town, a Joja Mart Representative can still find you incapacitated.
- There is a room in the community center in the upper-left corner with no bundles. Once the community center is finished, it is revealed as a kitchen and a dining area. Ironically, Gus doesn't go there that much.
- It is possible for the cutscene to occur on the 28th of Summer (The Dance of the Moonlight Jellies).
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer|
|Farm buildings||Farming||Barn • Coop • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Earth Obelisk • Gold Clock • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Joja Warehouse • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|