The Farmhouse is where the player resides for the duration of the whole game. In the beginning of the game, has only one small room that contains a single bed, a fireplace, an old TV (either a Budget TV or Floor TV), various decorations depending on what farm style you've picked, and a floor mat of varying design, which can all be changed and expanded later on. The outer footprint of the farmhouse is a 6x9 rectangle. All except the bed can be moved at will. The fireplace can be moved by left-clicking or turned on by right-clicking on it.
Upon getting married, the game automatically adds an extra room that is based on the spouse's style.
Robin requires three days to complete each farmhouse upgrade.
|Outdoor Image||Indoor Image||Cost||Changes|
|Adds a kitchen, with a kitchen counter that allows cooking, and a fridge that functions as a chest. Items in the fridge can be used when cooking even though they are not in the player's inventory. Adds a bedroom. Upgrades bed from single to double. Allows marriage.|
|Adds two new rooms, one empty, and one with a crib and two single beds, thus allowing you to have children. Kitchen and bedroom are larger.|
|100,000g||Adds a cellar under the house, allowing access via the kitchen. The cellar houses casks which can age cheese and alcohol to increase quality and value.|
There are 2 Achievements related to the Farmhouse.
- Moving Up (Upgrade your house the first time)
- Living Large (Upgrade your house the second time, to the maximum-size living space)
There is no achievement for upgrading the farmhouse the third time (which adds the cellar).
- The magnifying glass icon over the woodpile at the left of the farmhouse is related to "The Mysterious Qi" Quest.
- Instead of gathering 450 wood for the Farmhouse Upgrade 1, you could purchase it all at the Carpenter's Shop during year 1 for 4,500g, or during year 2+ for 22,500g. The total cost for the upgrade would then be 14,500g in year 1, or 32,500g in year 2+.
- 1.0: Introduced.
- 1.1: Added unique rooms for Shane and Emily when married. Introduced cellar house upgrade. Players can now apply wallpaper to hallways inside upgraded homes.
- 1.3: Hill-top and Wilderness farmhouses come with a Stone Fireplace instead of a Brick Fireplace. Fireplaces are now moveable furniture.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer|
|Farm Buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Earth Obelisk • Gold Clock • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other Buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Joja Warehouse • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|