The Farmhouse is where the player resides for the duration of the whole game. In the beginning of the game, it has only one small room that contains a single bed, a fireplace, an old TV (either a Budget TV or Floor TV), various decorations depending on what farm style you've picked, and a floor mat of varying design, which can all be changed and expanded later on. The outer footprint of the farmhouse is a 6x9 rectangle. All except the bed can be moved at will. The fireplace can be moved by left-clicking or turned on by right-clicking on it.
Upon getting married or having another character move into the farmhouse, the game automatically adds an extra room that is based on that character's style.
Robin requires three days to complete each farmhouse upgrade.
|Outdoor Image||Indoor Image||Cost||Changes|
|Adds a kitchen, with a kitchen counter that allows cooking, and a fridge that functions as a chest. Items in the fridge can be used when cooking even though they are not in the player's inventory. Adds a bedroom. Upgrades bed from single to double. Allows marriage.|
|Adds two new rooms, one empty, and one with a crib and two single beds, thus allowing you to have children. Kitchen and bedroom are larger.|
|100,000g||Adds a cellar under the house, allowing access via the kitchen. The cellar houses casks which can age cheese and alcohol to increase quality and value. The cellar comes with 33 casks, though it may house as many as 189 casks.|
There are 2 Achievements related to the Farmhouse.
- Moving Up (Upgrade your house the first time)
- Living Large (Upgrade your house the second time, to the maximum-size living space)
There is no achievement for upgrading the farmhouse the third time (which adds the cellar).
- The magnifying glass icon over the woodpile at the left of the farmhouse is related to "The Mysterious Qi" Quest.
- Instead of gathering 450 wood for the Farmhouse Upgrade 1, you could purchase it all at the Carpenter's Shop during year 1 for 4,500g, or during year 2+ for 22,500g. The total cost for the upgrade would then be 14,500g in year 1, or 32,500g in year 2+.
- 1.0: Introduced.
- 1.1: Added unique rooms for Shane and Emily when married. Introduced cellar house upgrade. Players can now apply wallpaper to hallways inside upgraded homes.
- 1.3: Hill-top and Wilderness farmhouses come with a Stone Fireplace instead of a Brick Fireplace. Fireplaces are now moveable furniture.
- 1.4: Added unique room for Krobus when he becomes the player's roommate.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Desert Trader • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 2 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer|
|Farm Buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Fish Pond • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Desert Obelisk • Earth Obelisk • Gold Clock • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other Buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Joja Warehouse • Movie Theater • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|