|Raise up to 20 slimes. Fill water troughs and slimes will create slime balls.|
|Build materials:||Stone (500) Refined Quartz (10) Iridium Bar (1)|
|Animals:||Slimes (any color)|
The Slime Hutch contains 4 water troughs which can be filled by the player in order for the Slimes to produce Slime Balls.
Slimes in the hutch will still attempt to hurt the player by jumping at them; obtaining the Slime Charmer Ring will prevent damage and debuffs from the Slimes.
Occasionally slimes will drop Slime Eggs. These can be used in the Slime Hutch to hatch into Slimes. There are currently 4 kinds of Slime Eggs which will hatch into their respective slime colors: green, blue, red, and purple.
Sometimes, a Female slime might mate with a Male slime (which have the round antenna). If both slimes show a heart, they will create a baby slime (same HP as the parents, half the size). One might have a heart and the other an exclamation mark, which means the latter refused the advances of the former.
Mating Color Results
The game generates a random pick from the following table. Each of the red, green, and blue color components of the slime is calculated independently of the other colors using the values from the parent Slimes. The most likely pick has a random chance of two outcomes per color component, also calculated independently of the other components. 
|Chance||Each Color Component (Red, Green, or Blue)|
|25%||Male Parent Component +/- random 25%|
|25%||Female Parent Component +/- random 25%|
|50%|| 50%: Maximum of (Male Parent Component or Female Parent Component)|
50%: Average of (Male Parent Component and Female Parent Component)
- Placing a Wicked Statue inside the slime hutch prevents the Witch from cursing it.
- The interior is 15*8 (120 tiles), with 7 tiles already occupied (113 tiles) on the inside. This leaves around 13*8 (104 tiles) of space to use for other purposes (kegs, preserves jars, etc.) while still being able to effectively house (and water) 20 slimes.
Safe Farm for Slime Hutch
One can arrange pathway blockers, such as fences or statues, to isolate the slimes while still being able to collect the Slime Balls. The trapped slimes are still able to reproduce, and hatched slimes will also be in isolation. A copper or steel upgraded Watering Can can fill the water troughs without entering the isolation area (although the copper Watering Can can would only fill 3 of the 4 troughs depicted in the example image below). Slimes do not need to reach the water source, so enclosing them anywhere will do.
- Loading a standard save file will prevent slimes in the hutch from breeding until the next morning. Additionally, any troughs that were still filled from the previous day will now be empty and must be refilled (slime ball production for that day is not affected as this happens while you sleep).
- On mobile versions of the game, loading a middle-of-the-day save file (either an Emergency Save or a Backup Save), causes all water troughs to be prematurely emptied. Therefore, Slime Balls will never spawn the following morning. To reliably produce Slime Balls on mobile versions of the game, it is best to fill water troughs at the end of the day, shortly before going to sleep.
- See GreenSlime::mateWith in the game code.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Desert Trader • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 2 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer|
|Farm Buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Fish Pond • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Desert Obelisk • Earth Obelisk • Gold Clock • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other Buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Joja Warehouse • Movie Theater • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|