This page or section contains unmarked spoilers from update 1.5 of Stardew Valley. Mobile players may want to avoid or be cautious toward reading this article.
The Island Field Office can be found in Ginger Island North, south of the Volcano and east of the Dig Site.
Until Professor Snail is rescued from the nearby cave, the office remains empty with no interactable elements. After the rescue, donate fossils at the office work desk or respond to the Island Surveys posted on the wall to receive Golden Walnuts.
Professor Snail is seeking the mummified bodily remains of two different creatures and all the skeletal pieces of two more to construct a display about the natural history of the island. Multiple fossils of the same kind may be required to complete the skeletons.
Items can be found throughout Ginger Island in Artifact Spots, by fishing, breaking bone nodes and weeds, killing monsters, or panning.
||Item (# Required)
||How to obtain
||Mummified Bat (1)
||The delicate wings have been perfectly preserved.
||Breaking rocks in the Volcano Dungeon
The professor will ask the player to locate the number of an item located throughout the entire island.
The player may attempt to answer the survey correctly once per day, and must wait until the next day if answering incorrectly.
|22 Purple Flowers
|18 Purple Starfish
A completed Island Field Office
- For completing the Large Animal collection, the player is rewarded with 6 Golden Walnuts and 1 Banana Sapling.
- For completing the Snake collection, the player is rewarded with 3 Golden Walnuts and 1 Mango Sapling.
- For donating the Mummified Frog, the player is rewarded with 1 Golden Walnut.
- For donating the Mummified Bat, the player is rewarded with 1 Golden Walnut.
- For completing each Island Survey, the player is rewarded with 1 Golden Walnut.
- For completing all four fossils and the two island surveys, the player is rewarded with the Ostrich Incubator recipe.