|Plant these in any season. Water every day to produce a Qi Fruit. Takes 4 days to mature.|
|Growth Time:||4 days|
|General Store:||Not sold|
|Traveling Cart:||Not sold|
The Qi Bean is a seed found throughout Stardew Valley and on Ginger Island during the quest Qi's Crop.
While the quest is active, Qi Beans can be found by breaking rocks, chopping down trees and stumps, cutting weeds, from Garbage Cans, killing monsters, breaking geodes, Artifact Troves, or Golden Coconuts, digging Artifact Spots, shaking Palm Trees on Ginger Island (multiplayer only), opening chests and breaking crates in the Volcano Dungeon, and fishing. They can also be made by placing a Qi Fruit in a Seed Maker.
All Qi Fruit and Qi Beans despawn when the quest is over (i.e., the day after the player ships them or the quest timer ends), including growing crops, all players' inventories, chests, Preserves Jars, Kegs, and Marlon's item recovery service list.
|Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Harvest|
|1 Day||1 Day||1 Day||1 Day||Total: 4 Days|
|Dislike||Abigail • Alex • Caroline • Clint • Demetrius • Dwarf • Elliott • Emily • Evelyn • George • Gus • Haley • Harvey • Jas • Jodi • Kent • Krobus • Leah • Leo • Lewis • Linus • Marnie • Maru • Pam • Penny • Pierre • Robin • Sam • Sandy • Sebastian • Shane • Vincent • Willy • Wizard|
Qi Bean can be used in dyeing, serving as a blue dye at the dye pots, located in Emily's and Haley's house, 2 Willow Lane.
- Given that Fishing Treasure Chests have a 48% chance to yield a stack of up to 4 Qi Beans during the quest, fishing is a reliable source of Qi Beans when combined with the Magnet bait, Pirate Profession, and a Treasure Hunter tackle.
- Putting Qi Fruit into Seed Makers and planting the resulting Qi Beans will, on average, nearly double the Qi Fruit supply. Qi Fruit produced early in the quest can be doubled several times with this method.
- Breaking any type of Geode may occasionally yield 1 or 5 Qi Beans.
- The use of Speed-Gro, Deluxe Speed-Gro, or Hyper Speed-Gro, and the Agriculturist Profession can reduce the time between harvests by 1 or 2 days.
- ↑ See GameLocation::OnStoneDestroyed in the game code.
- ↑ See TerrainFeatures.Tree::performTreeFall in the game code.
- ↑ See TerrainFeatures.ResourceClump::performToolAction in the game code.
- ↑ See Object::cutWeed in the game code.
- ↑ See Locations.Town::checkAction in the game code.
- ↑ See Monsters.Monster::InitializeForLocation in the game code.
- ↑ See Utility::getTreasureFromGeode in the game code.
- ↑ See GameLocation::digUpArtifactSpot in the game code.
- ↑ See TerrainFeatures.Tree::shake in the game code.
- ↑ See Locations.VolcanoDungeon::PopulateChest in the game code.
- ↑ See Objects.BreakableContainer::releaseContents in the game code.
- ↑ See GameLocation::getFish and Tools.FishingRod::openTreasureMenuEndFunction in the game code.
- 1.5: Introduced.
- 1.5.2: Can now be grown on the farm during winter.
- 1.5.3: Qi Beans are now properly removed from any machines/craftables and from Marlon's item recovery service after the Qi Challenge expires.