|Place crops inside to produce a varying amount of seeds. Doesn't work with fruit tree crops.|
|Sell Price:||Cannot be sold|
|Recipe Source:||Farming (Level 9)|
|Ingredients:||Wood (25) Gold Bar (1) Coal (10)|
The Seed Maker is a piece of Refining Equipment that produces seeds from a harvested crop or one of four foraged items: Wild Horseradish, Spice Berry, Common Mushroom, or Winter Root. It takes 20 in-game minutes to process seeds.
A Seed Maker may be crafted after learning the recipe at Farming Level 9. One Seed Maker is the reward for completing the Dye Bundle on the Bulletin Board. A Seed Maker may occasionally be found in a treasure room in the Skull Cavern.
Seeds per Crop
The Seed Maker can produce 1-3 seeds of the same variety as the input crop (97.51% chance, average of 2 seeds), 1-4 Mixed Seeds (1.99% chance), or an Ancient Fruit seed (0.5% chance). Neither the number of seeds produced nor the likelihood of getting Mixed Seeds or Ancient Seeds are affected by luck.
The game initializes a pseudo-random number generator with calculated seed:
(#_days_played) + (unique_game_ID) / 2 + (X_tileLocation of object) + (Y_tileLocation of object) × 77 + (timeOfDay)
This determines the type and number of seeds produced. Daily luck and boosted luck have no effect on this outcome.
The Seed Maker does not produce seeds from:
- Coffee Bean
- Crystal Fruit
- Fiddlehead Fern
- Fruit Tree Fruit
- Sweet Pea
- Tea Leaves
- Wild Plum
- Any item listed as "Forage" in-game (other than Wild Horseradish, Common Mushroom, and Winter Root)
- 1.3: Cactus Fruit (both foraged and farmed) can be placed in the Seed Maker to produce Cactus Seeds.
- 1.4: Can now be stacked in a player's inventory and in chests.
|Artisan||Bee House • Cask • Cheese Press • Keg • Loom • Mayonnaise Machine • Oil Maker • Preserves Jar|
|Refining||Charcoal Kiln • Crystalarium • Furnace • Lightning Rod • Recycling Machine • Seed Maker • Slime Egg-Press (Slime Egg) • Slime Incubator • Tapper (Maple Syrup • Oak Resin • Pine Tar) • Wood Chipper • Worm Bin|
|Fertilizer||Basic Fertilizer • Basic Retaining Soil • Deluxe Speed-Gro • Quality Fertilizer • Quality Retaining Soil • Speed-Gro • Tree Fertilizer|
|Sprinklers||Iridium Sprinkler • Quality Sprinkler • Sprinkler|
|Other||Deluxe Scarecrow • Garden Pot • Rarecrow • Scarecrow|
|Bait||Bait • Magnet • Wild Bait|
|Tackle||Barbed Hook • Cork Bobber • Dressed Spinner • Lead Bobber • Spinner • Trap Bobber • Treasure Hunter|
|Bombs||Bomb • Cherry Bomb • Mega Bomb|
|Fences||Gate • Hardwood Fence • Iron Fence • Stone Fence • Wood Fence|
|Other||Chest • Mini-Fridge • Staircase • Stone Sign • Tools • Wood Sign • Workbench|