|Place outside and wait for delicious honey! (Except in Winter).|
|Season:||Spring • Summer • Fall|
|Sell Price:||Cannot be sold|
|Recipe Source:||Farming (Level 3)|
|Ingredients:||Wood (40) Coal (8) Iron Bar (1) Maple Syrup (1)|
The Bee House is a type of Artisan Equipment used to make Honey. To make honey, place a Bee House on the farm and wait 4 nights to pass. A Bee House is the reward for completing the Fall Crops Bundle in the Pantry.
Bee houses can be placed indoors (e.g., in the Greenhouse) but will not produce honey there. Bee houses placed outside the farm will produce wild honey every 4 days (i.e., the Bus Stop, Pelican Town, The Beach, The Mountain, Railroad, Cindersap Forest, The Desert, and the Secret Woods). Bee houses must not be placed in a villager's path, or they will be destroyed.
A fully-grown and unharvested flower within 5 tiles of a Bee House will cause it to produce flower honey, which always sells for more than flowerless Wild Honey. Some flowers (i.e., Crocus and Sweet Pea) do not influence the sell price of honey.
If a Bee House has produced flower honey, but the flower is harvested before the honey, the honey will become "Wild Honey." Similarly, if a Bee House is removed with a tool while it has flower honey ready for harvesting, the honey will go into inventory as "Wild Honey."
Flowers grown in Garden Pots will not cause Bee Houses to produce flower honey.
|Image||Name||Description||Energy/Health||Processing Time||Availability||Base Sell Price|
|Honey||It's a sweet syrup produced by bees.||Inedible||4 Nights||All but Winter||Wild||100g|
With the exception of Crocus and Sweet Pea, the Bee House can produce unique types of honey when it is within 5 tiles in any cardinal direction of a blooming flower. When there is more than one type of flower within range, the closest flower takes priority. At equal distances, the flower at the horizontal left takes priority, followed by the next clockwise flower.
- Planting flowers near Bee Houses on Ginger Island will produce flavored Honey year-round.
- See Object::performDropDownAction and Object::DayUpdate in the game code. Bee House parentSheetIndex is 10, as specified in Content\Data\BigCraftablesInformation.xnb.
- 1.4: Added honey from Sunflowers. Fixed lopsided flower range. Bee Houses can now be stacked in a player's inventory and in chests.
- 1.5: Fixed bug where processing time was affected by the time of day.
- 1.5.2: Fixed bug where Honey could not be collected from Beehouses on Ginger Island farm in Winter.