|Place outside and wait for delicious honey! (Except in Winter).
|Spring • Summer • Fall
|Cannot be sold
|Farming (Level 3)
|Wood (40) Coal (8) Iron Bar (1) Maple Syrup (1)
To make honey, place a Bee House on the farm during any season but winter, and wait 4 nights. Bee houses can be placed indoors (e.g., in the Greenhouse) but will not produce honey there. Bee houses placed outside the farm will produce wild honey every 4 days, but they will be destroyed if they are placed in a villager's path.
A fully-grown and unharvested flower within 5 tiles of a Bee House will cause it to produce flower honey, which always sells for more than flowerless Wild Honey. Flowers that are normally foraged (i.e., Crocus and Sweet Pea) do not affect the honey. Additionally, a Dandelion or Daffodil will not affect the honey as these items are classified as forage rather than flowers. Flowers grown in Garden Pots will not cause Bee Houses to produce flower honey.
The type of honey is established the moment it is harvested. If a Bee House has produced flower honey, but the flower is harvested before the honey, the honey will become wild honey. Similarly, if a Bee House has produced flowerless wild honey, but the honey is harvested after a flower bloomed in range, the harvested honey will be flower honey.
If a Bee House is removed with a tool while it has flower honey ready for harvesting, the honey will go into inventory as "Wild Honey".
|Base Sell Price
|It's a sweet syrup produced by bees.
|All but Winter
With the exception of Crocus and Sweet Pea, the Bee House can produce unique types of honey when it is within 5 tiles in any cardinal direction of a blooming flower. When there is more than one type of flower within range, the closest flower takes priority. At equal distances, the flower at the horizontal left takes priority, followed by the next clockwise flower.
- Planting flowers near Bee Houses on Ginger Island will produce flavored Honey year-round.
- A Bee House left in place over winter will first produce honey on Spring 5. A Bee House placed on exactly Winter 28 will first produce honey on Spring 4, allowing for one extra harvest.
- See Object::performDropDownAction, Object::DayUpdate, and Object::minutesElapsed in the game code. Bee House parentSheetIndex is 10, as specified in Content\Data\BigCraftablesInformation.xnb.
- 1.4: Added honey from Sunflowers. Fixed lopsided flower range. Bee Houses can now be stacked in a player's inventory and in chests.
- 1.5: Fixed bug where processing time was affected by the time of day.
- 1.5.2: Fixed bug where Honey could not be collected from Beehouses on Ginger Island farm in Winter.