|A unique recipe from Linus that gives you a chance to catch two fish at once.|
Linus (4-heart event)
|Ingredients||Fiber (10) Slime (5) Bug Meat (5)|
|Produces||5 Wild Bait per craft|
Wild Bait is a type of bait that makes it possible to catch two fish at the same time and also makes fish bite slightly faster than standard bait. Wild Bait can be crafted after being taught the recipe by Linus during his 4-heart cutscene. Once the recipe is known it is also possible to obtain Wild Bait from Fishing Treasure Chests. It is possible to find Wild Bait in artifact spots on Ginger Island even before triggering the cutscene with Linus.
Wild Bait cannot be used with the Training Rod or the Bamboo Pole. Only the Fiberglass Rod and the Iridium Rod can use bait. Wild bait can also technically be used in a Crab Pot, but it is no better than standard bait as crab pots never produce double fish.
Requires: Fiberglass Rod or Iridium Rod.
Each cast uses one piece of bait or one magnet. When all bait is used up, the game pops up a notification saying "You've used your last piece of bait."
To attach bait to a fishing rod, open the inventory, click on the bait ( left-click or right-click, depending on how many bait will be used), and then on the rod. To remove bait, on the rod.
On an Xbox controller, press on the bait to select the whole stack (or to pick up a single one), then to attach to the rod.
On a PS4 controller, press on the bait to select the whole stack (or to pick up a single one), then to attach to the rod.
On a Nintendo Switch Controller, Press on the bait to select the whole stack (Or to pick up a single one), then to attach to the rod.
Bait can be detached by pressing on either Controller. ( on Nintendo Switch)
For the mobile version, bait can be added to the fishing rod by opening the inventory, then dragging the bait and dropping it on top of the rod.
- Using Wild Bait reduces the delay before a nibble by 62.5%. There is also a chance to catch two fish, equal to 0.25 + Daily Luck / 2.0 . The chance to catch 2 fish does not apply to Legendary Fish. It can however, catch 2 of the semi-Legendary fish caught from the Extended Family quest line.
- Note that catching two fish does not grant double Fishing Experience points.
- Catching two fish with Wild Bait while working on a fishing or special order quest counts both fish toward the required total.
|Hate||Abigail • Alex • Caroline • Clint • Demetrius • Dwarf • Elliott • Emily • Evelyn • George • Gus • Haley • Harvey • Jas • Jodi • Kent • Krobus • Leah • Leo • Lewis • Linus • Marnie • Maru • Pam • Penny • Pierre • Robin • Sam • Sandy • Sebastian • Shane • Vincent • Willy • Wizard|
Wild Bait is not used in any bundles.
Wild Bait is not used in any recipes.
Wild Bait is used in the spool of the Sewing Machine to create a Shirt.
One or five Wild Bait may be requested by several fish in Fish Pond quests.
- ↑ See BobberBar::update in the game code.
- 1.4: Wild Bait now has a chance to catch two fish. Can now be obtained from fishing treasure chests once knowing the recipe. Can now be used in Tailoring. Can be requested in Fish Pond quests.
- 1.5: Can now be found in artifact spots on Ginger Island.