From Stardew Valley Wiki
|Allows you to pass through a fence.|
The Gate is a craftable item that allows players to pass through fences. It lasts for 400 days.
- If a gate is open and you stand on its cell, close it, and try to open it again while still occupying its cell, the gate will break off.
- Despite being only one block wide, it is still possible to ride a horse through any orientation of gate in any direction.
- Breaking the gate with a pickaxe does not destroy it, so you can break it and immediately replace it the day before it degrades
- A gate can replace a placed fence piece (by selecting the gate in inventory and clicking on the fence piece). If surrounded by other fence pieces, the gate may take on the color of the fence instead of the normal dark brown color. This effect seems to be temporary, however.
- 1.4: Two gates can now be placed next to each other, allowing for double-width gates.
|Artisan||Bee House • Cask • Cheese Press • Keg • Loom • Mayonnaise Machine • Oil Maker • Preserves Jar|
|Refining||Charcoal Kiln • Crystalarium • Furnace • Lightning Rod • Recycling Machine • Seed Maker • Slime Egg-Press (Slime Egg) • Slime Incubator • Tapper (Maple Syrup • Oak Resin • Pine Tar) • Wood Chipper • Worm Bin|
|Fertilizer||Basic Fertilizer • Basic Retaining Soil • Deluxe Speed-Gro • Quality Fertilizer • Quality Retaining Soil • Speed-Gro • Tree Fertilizer|
|Sprinklers||Iridium Sprinkler • Quality Sprinkler • Sprinkler|
|Other||Deluxe Scarecrow • Garden Pot • Rarecrow • Scarecrow|
|Bait||Bait • Magnet • Wild Bait|
|Tackle||Barbed Hook • Cork Bobber • Dressed Spinner • Lead Bobber • Spinner • Trap Bobber • Treasure Hunter|
|Bombs||Bomb • Cherry Bomb • Mega Bomb|
|Fences||Gate • Hardwood Fence • Iron Fence • Stone Fence • Wood Fence|
|Other||Chest • Mini-Fridge • Staircase • Stone Sign • Tools • Wood Sign • Workbench|