|A combustible rock that is useful for crafting and smelting.|
|Source:||Mines • Blacksmith • Charcoal Kiln • Recycling Machine • Geodes • Fishing • Panning • Traveling Cart|
Coal is a basic resource. It can be obtained in many different ways, primarily from rocks or Dust Sprites in The Mines, purchased from Clint at the Blacksmith shop, or using a Charcoal Kiln. It may also be produced by recycling trash or found in Fishing Treasure Chests. A random amount of coal may be found in addition to metal ores by Panning.
- Coal can sometimes be found by mining rocks — both in the mines and anywhere on the map. Both daily Luck and the Prospector Profession increase the chances of finding coal.
- Coal can be found in mine carts in certain levels of the mines - follow the mine railways then simply click on the coal-filled cart (Note: this works only once per cart).
- Coal can be found in brown miner's bags lying in certain levels of the mines. Every bag contains around 8 pieces. (Again, this works only once per bag.)
- A Charcoal Kiln can be used to convert 10 wood into 1 coal
- You can farm coal by killing Dust Sprites between levels 41-79 of the Mines. You can use the elevator to quickly and repeatedly travel between floors ending in 0 or 5. (This is an easy way to farm Iron Ore as well.)
- Black/Transparent Slimes drop Coal. They can be raised in Slime Hutches
- Stone Golems in levels 30-39 and Metal Heads in levels 80-119 of The Mines may drop coal (10% chance).
- Wilderness Golems also drop coal (10% chance).
- Coal may occasionally be found by Panning
- Coal may occasionally be sold by the Traveling Cart for 100-1,000g.
- Coal can be found inside all 4 types of geodes.
|Bee House||Place outside and wait for delicious honey! (Except in Winter).||Wood (40) Coal (8) Iron Bar (1) Maple Syrup (1)||Farming Level 3|
|Preserves Jar||Turns vegetables into pickles and fruit into jam.||Wood (50) Stone (40) Coal (8)||Farming Level 4|
|Warrior Ring||Occasionally infuses the wearer with "warrior energy" after slaying a monster.||Iron Bar (10) Coal (25) Frozen Tear (10)||Combat Level 4|
|Cherry Bomb||Generates a small explosion. Stand back!||Copper Ore (4) Coal (1)||Mining Level 1|
|Bomb||Generates an explosion. Watch out!||Iron Ore (4) Coal (1)||Mining Level 6|
|Explosive Ammo||Fire this with the slingshot.||Iron Bar (1) Coal (2)||Combat Level 8|
|Wicked Statue||There's something unsettling about the looks of this statue.||Stone (25) Coal (5)||Krobus|
|Wooden Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Wood (10) Coal (1) Fiber (5)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Stone Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Stone (10) Coal (1) Fiber (5)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Gold Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Gold Bar (10) Coal (1) Fiber (5)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Carved Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Stump Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Barrel Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Wood (50) Solar Essence (1) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Skull Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Solar Essence (1) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Scarecrow||Prevents crows from eating crops in an area around the scarecrow.||Wood (50) Coal (1) Fiber (20)||Farming Level 1|
|Seed Maker||Place crops inside to produce a varying amount of seeds. Doesn't work with fruit tree crops.||Wood (25) Coal (10) Gold Bar (1)||Farming Level 9|
|Slime Egg-Press||Compresses 100 pieces of slime into a slime egg. It's a miracle of science!||Coal (25) Fire Quartz (1) Battery Pack (1)||Combat Level 6|
|Basic||Clay • Coal • Fiber • Hardwood • Stone • Wood • Battery Pack|
|Ore||Copper Ore • Iron Ore • Gold Ore • Iridium Ore|
|Bars||Copper Bar • Iron Bar • Gold Bar • Iridium Bar • Refined Quartz|