|A combustible rock that is useful for crafting and smelting.|
|Source:||Mines • Blacksmith • Charcoal Kiln • Recycling Machine • Geodes • Fishing • Panning • Traveling Cart|
Coal is a basic resource. It can be obtained in many different ways, primarily from rocks or Dust Sprites in The Mines, purchased from Clint at the Blacksmith shop, or using a Charcoal Kiln. It may also be produced by recycling trash or found in Fishing Treasure Chests. A random amount of coal may be found in addition to metal ores by Panning.
- Coal can sometimes be found by mining rocks — both in the mines and anywhere on the map. Both daily Luck and the Prospector Profession increase the chances of finding coal.
- Coal can be found in mine carts in certain levels of the mines - follow the mine railways then simply click on the coal-filled cart (Note: this works only once per cart).
- Coal can be found in brown miner's bags lying in certain levels of the mines. Every bag contains around 8 pieces. (Again, this works only once per bag.)
- A Charcoal Kiln can be used to convert 10 wood into 1 coal
- You can farm coal by killing Dust Sprites between levels 41-79 of the Mines. You can use the elevator to quickly and repeatedly travel between floors ending in 0 or 5. (This is an easy way to farm Iron Ore as well.)
- Black/Transparent Slimes drop Coal. They can be raised in Slime Hutches
- Stone Golems in levels 30-39 and Metal Heads in levels 80-119 of The Mines may drop coal (10% chance).
- Wilderness Golems also drop coal (10% chance).
- Coal may occasionally be found by Panning
- Coal may occasionally be sold by the Traveling Cart for 100-1,000g.
- Coal can be found inside all 4 types of geodes.
Coal purchased at the Blacksmith costs 150g during year 1, so it is cheaper in year 1 to buy 10 wood for 100g from Robin at the Carpenter's Shop and convert that wood into coal in the Charcoal Kiln. After year 1, wood pricing increases to 50g per piece but coal increases to only 250g, so it is cheaper to purchase coal directly.
|Bee House||Place outside and wait for delicious honey! (Except in Winter).||Wood (40) Coal (8) Iron Bar (1) Maple Syrup (1)||Farming Level 3|
|Preserves Jar||Turns vegetables into pickles and fruit into jam.||Wood (50) Stone (40) Coal (8)||Farming Level 4|
|Warrior Ring||Occasionally infuses the wearer with "warrior energy" after slaying a monster.||Iron Bar (10) Coal (25) Frozen Tear (10)||Combat Level 4|
|Cherry Bomb||Generates a small explosion. Stand back!||Copper Ore (4) Coal (1)||Mining Level 1|
|Bomb||Generates an explosion. Watch out!||Iron Ore (4) Coal (1)||Mining Level 6|
|Explosive Ammo||Fire this with the slingshot.||Iron Bar (1) Coal (2)||Combat Level 8|
|Wicked Statue||There's something unsettling about the looks of this statue.||Stone (25) Coal (5)||Krobus|
|Wooden Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Wood (10) Coal (1) Fiber (5)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Stone Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Stone (10) Coal (1) Fiber (5)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Gold Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Gold Bar (10) Coal (1) Fiber (5)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Carved Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Stump Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Barrel Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Wood (50) Solar Essence (1) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Skull Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Solar Essence (1) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop|
|Scarecrow||Prevents crows from eating crops in an area around the scarecrow.||Wood (50) Coal (1) Fiber (20)||Farming Level 1|
|Seed Maker||Place crops inside to produce a varying amount of seeds. Doesn't work with fruit tree crops.||Wood (25) Coal (10) Gold Bar (1)||Farming Level 9|
|Slime Egg-Press||Compresses 100 pieces of slime into a slime egg. It's a miracle of science!||Coal (25) Fire Quartz (1) Battery Pack (1)||Combat Level 6|
- 1.3: Increased price from 150g in year 1 to 250g in year 2+.
|Basic||Clay • Coal • Fiber • Hardwood • Stone • Wood • Battery Pack|
|Ore||Copper Ore • Iron Ore • Gold Ore • Iridium Ore|
|Bars||Copper Bar • Iron Bar • Gold Bar • Iridium Bar • Refined Quartz|