- The Traveling Cart will occasionally sell it for 300-1,000g.
- The Mines: A fairly reliable source of the ore is through Magma and Omni geodes on lower mine levels. These can be obtained frequently by mining all rocks on the mine levels 115-119. To further enhance geode frequency, choose the Geologist Profession at mining level 5 and the Excavator Profession at mining level 10.
- A fallen meteorite on The Farm will drop 6 Iridium Ore.
- Iridium Nodes and Mystic Stones can be found in the Quarry.
- The Oasis: You may buy large amounts of Omni Geodes from Sandy in The Desert, which Clint can then break open for you. This process is costly, but does not require combat and can potentially be faster than scouring the Skull Cavern.
- Skull Cavern: The beginning floors of Skull Cavern will yield next to no iridium nodes. You may buy stone from the Carpenter's Shop to craft a staircase. Large amounts of staircases or bombs can get you deep into Skull Cavern quickly. Starting around level 70, iridium ore becomes much more common, yielding roughly one node per floor. Once past level 100, multiple nodes can be found per floor. After level 300, there will be as many iridium nodes as there are common stones.
- The chance to find Iridium in the Skull Cavern increases significantly every ten levels. The chances of each single iridium node spawning is
1% + (Skull Cavern Level / 2000).
- Purple slimes in the Skull Cavern or a Slime Hutch have a chance to drop both iridium ore and bars. Slimes may give more iridium than you will find from mining iridium nodes in the Skull Cavern.
- Iridium Bats in the Skull Cavern may drop an Iridium Bar (0.8% chance) and up to 4 Iridium Ore when slain.
- Iridium Crabs in the Skull Cavern may drop up to 3 Iridium Ore when slain.
Iridium Ore can be smelted in a Furnace to create an Iridium Bar. The smelting requires 5 iridium ore and 1 Coal and takes 8 in-game hours.
When used with Slingshots, Iridium Ore deals more damage to monsters than any other ammunition.