This page lists many of the secrets discovered in Stardew Valley.
- 1 Intro Screens
- 2 Character Creation
- 3 In-Game Menus
- 4 World
- 5 Chat
- 6 References
- 7 History
Clicking on the ConcernedApe logo during the loading screen will cause the sunglasses (if present) to disappear and the eyes to open. A duck/splat sound will also be heard.
The game keeps track of how many times you launch it, and shows friendly messages in the bottom-left corner of the ConcernedApe logo screen based on that number.
|3||Plug in an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller to activate game pad mode.|
|4||Tip: Giving gifts is a good way to make friends with the residents of Stardew Valley.|
|5||Tip: Shift-click to purchase 5 items at a time.|
|6||After upgrading your hoe or watering can, hold down the tool button to increase the area of effect!|
|7||Tip: Right-click to use a weapon's special move.|
|8||Watch TV shows to learn useful tips, cooking recipes, and more!|
|9||The traveling merchant visits Stardew Valley once a week. She sells a wide variety of goods, often at exorbitant prices!|
|10||Thanks for playing!|
|15||Elliott's latest sentence: (randomly constructed sentence)|
|30||Challenge: Beat Journey Of The Prairie King without dying.|
|100||You've started the game 100 times.|
|1,000||You've started the game 1000 times!|
|10,000||You've started the game 10,000 times! I'm impressed. -Ape|
- Clicking the letter "E" in the game name ten times will show an alien open a door behind the letter. It will smile and wave for two seconds before it fades away. Note that this does not work in Chinese.
- Clicking the leaves ten times will cause three Junimos to appear in the logo and wave.
- Clicking the lower right screw on the letter "W" ten times will cause several butterflies to appear.
- If you use a controller, pressing B on Xbox or O on PS4 will cause the clouds around you to move at a rapid pace. Only works where the two birds are flying, and stops upon the menu coming down.
- The title screen Easter egg that spawns junimos after 10 leaf clicks was originally found in the source for the 1.1 beta, but is not present in earlier versions.
When entering "Name", "Farm Name", or "Favorite Thing" on the Character Creation menu, certain keys produce special sounds and/or symbols.
- Pressing the following keys will produce special sounds.
<produces a "ding" sound
$produces a "plink" sound
*produces a "stone hit" sound
=produces a "pop" sound
+produces a "squish" sound
- Pressing the following keys will produce special characters.
♡, a heart
▷, a right triangular arrow
◁, a left triangular arrow
⌾, a double circle
💢, the "anger" symbol common in Japanese media
☆, a star
- Pressing controller buttons also produces special sounds and/or symbols.
Item Spawn Cheat
PC/Mobile Only: Naming your character using an internal object ID number in brackets will give you the item that corresponds with the number whenever an NPC mentions you by your name. For example, entering  will give you an Iridium Sprinkler, Ancient Seeds, and a Legend. (This exploit also works with naming children and animals.)
Entering ConcernedApe as the favorite thing when creating a character results in some additional text when consuming a Stardrop.
Entering anything containing "Stardew" as the favorite thing when creating a character results in the additional text "You feel an unwavering connection to the valley itself." appearing when consuming a Stardrop. Note that the "S" in "Stardew" must be capitalized.
A few rare animations can be seen in the background of the Shipping screen at the end of the day depending on certain conditions.
- Numbers over 999,999 will overflow on the blank space and will move up and down in a wave pattern.
- On the 24th of Winter, Santa Claus can be seen with a few reindeer crossing the top of the screen.
- If it is not the 28th and it did not rain, there is a 0.001% chance of a UFO crossing the top of the screen.
- On nights with a full moon, clicking it several times will cause the man in the moon to reveal himself.
The lonely stone is not an area, but it has a location on the Stardew Valley map. Upon clicking the lonely stone on the map, a rock sound effect will play. After clicking on the lonely stone and around the time when the rock sound effect is played, the map screen will close entirely.
The lonely stone also hasn't been mentioned by any villagers/characters nor is there any lore about it hidden in game files or mentioned by ConcernedApe.
Lucky Purple Shorts
- Putting them in the Luau soup gets a unique response from the Governor and Lewis.
- Putting them in the Stardew Valley Fair grange display disqualifies the player, and Lewis gives the player 750 star tokens as a bribe to keep his secret. Marnie also gives unique dialogue at the Fair after seeing the shorts in the display.
- Tailoring them with a gold bar produces Trimmed Lucky Purple Shorts. These are equivalent to the Lucky Purple Shorts for completing the quest or triggering the other secrets, but can also be worn by the player for an amusing reaction from Marnie and Lewis.
Skull Cavern Plaques
The plaques that are found on the rough walled levels have been deciphered to give the following.
The plaques on the walls of the levels inhabited by Mummies has been deciphered to give the following:
day a hero
puts us to
- SUPER CUCUMBER TOWN
- DUCK MAYO SALOON
- STRANGE BUN TOY BOX
Three secret statues can be found using the above information:
- If a Super Cucumber is placed inside the brown box located in the fenced area north of the Blacksmith, the ??HMTGF?? statue will be acquired.
- If Duck Mayonnaise is placed inside the partially-hidden metal box in the back room of the the Stardrop Saloon, the ??Pinky Lemon?? statue will be acquired.
- If a Strange Bun is placed inside the chest in Vincent's room, at 1 Willow Lane, the ??Foroguemon?? statue will be acquired.
The box behind JojaMart (to the north-east) doesn't do anything.
After finding and donating all four Dwarf Scrolls to the Museum, the player receives the Dwarvish Translation Guide. If the player proceeds to the Graveyard, one of the previously unreadable tombstones can now be read.
|“||“You translate the dwarvish:|
Stand between the pillars three
With gift as precious as the sky:
A rainbow forged from land, not sea
Then galaxies will heed your cry”
This points the player towards The Desert and the set of three pillars to the Northeast. Stepping into the center of the pillars while holding a Prismatic Shard will cause the shard to be transformed into the Galaxy Sword.
Old Master Cannoli
When entering Marnie's shop, there is a 0.01% chance for her to say
|“||“*sigh*... When the door opened I thought it might be Lewis.”|
- Slimes can be hatched in odd places using a Slime Incubator, including Pelican Town or the Railroad. Slimes hatched in the town are known to interact with the townfolk, including greeting them by name and having the townfolk greet them back. Note that this doesn't work in all locations, in some places slimes will be removed overnight.
- Slimes can also be hatched inside the Farmhouse. If you are married, your spouse may react to the slime with various funny dialogue while trying to kill it.
- Entering /cheat, /cheats, /imacheat, /money, /showmethemoney, /freegold, /debug, or /rosebud shows a message from ConcernedApe: "ConcernedApe: Nice try..."
- Entering /ca, /ape, or /concernedape shows a message from ConcernedApe. This message is shown the first time: "Hello. I hope you're enjoying your new life here. Take care!" Doing it again results in this message: "ConcernedApe is hard at work..."
- Entering /qi shows a message from Mr. Qi. The first time it says: "Mr. Qi: Hey, kid. Yeah, I'm here. What'd you expect?" The second time, this message is shown: "Mr. Qi: Hey... keep up the good work, and never stop striving for success! I'll see you soon, kid..." Thereafter you'll receive the message: "Mr. Qi is away".